1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdlab won't compile 5 titles

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by iamlechat, Jun 30, 2010.

1. iamlechat

iamlechat Member

ok i been doing dvd authoring for years and as long as i stick to what i know i never have any problems but i just can't figure this one out.

recently my computer blew up so i had to reinstall all my software but until that point everything i done always worked every time (disregarding desync and bad frames). my standard process is running divfix in case of bad downloads, goldwave to strip audio, tmpg to encode mpegs, dvdlab to build menus then dvdshrink so i can have a full size disk all that is fine as long as i have 4 movies but as soon as i add a 5th movie dvd lab will start compiling but hang for a while after muxing the last one giving the standard "Done!!" message (really wish it gave errors :/) so what i am left with is a bunch of vobs but no ifos.

my dvd consists of 1 menu with a jpeg background and a few custom made buttons, 5+ 40 minuet movies split into 10 chapters and links going from the first movie to the second, to the third etc then back to the menu.

things i've tried:
    other versions of dvdlab
    using standard dvdlab buttons
    compiling the same dvd with each individual movie and 4 total movies - all work.
    test compile

at this stage i'm starting to think it's a tmpg issue since the reinstall erased my settings and the dvd might be out of spec somehow when i add the 5th movie but if anyone has any ideas help would be much appreciated

EDIT: just done another DVD and it done the same thing with only 4 titles so now i'm clueless
    EDIT 2: just compiled with sony dvd architect and no issues

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. iamlechat

iamlechat Member

just in case anyone wants to know it was a problem with win 7 and admin rights