1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting problem with boilsoft avi/wmv splitter

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by vegas161, Nov 4, 2009.

1. vegas161

vegas161 Member

Ok, I have several .wmv files that need to be joined to make 1 whole movie. But first they need to be split or a part cut rather as the videos are in several parts and they have an intro of roughly 2 seconds that needs to be removed. In the past I had success with Boilsoft Avi/mpeg/wmv splitter and joiner. Very easy, very straightforward and it worked!

For some reason it quit working properly. By properly I mean when you load up the video in the splitter and type in the "start time" box you could do it down to the 100th of a second to completely cut the intro out without going into the video and when they were all cut and joined it would be a near seamless merge.

The splitter won't allow it to preview the scene where you were at with the time you set in the box where it did before. I just get to look at the opening intro that I need cut off.

After giving up on it and just holding onto the vids until I needed to do a windows re-install I tried again after the reinstall having the same results.

I even tried another splitter called "Easy Video Splitter" that seemed to have the same features as the Boilsoft splitter but it also would not allow me to seek in the video. Both splitters though show the slider bar move forward when you enter whatever number of seconds you want it to.

So I'm stumped. Any other splitters I should try or could it be some type of missing codec? Someone recommended asfbin but that won't work as there is no video preview. Thanks for any help!

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

try womble mpeg video wizard dvd. That works great in joining wmv/avi/mpegs/mp4. It will let you add/cut/join. It has a very good preview screen so you can do precise editing.
    It's only drawback is that you can't save to wmv, it will only save to mpeg/avi/mp4. I usually save to mp4 and the quality isn't any worst than the original.