1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGenc Xpress 4.0

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by y2j514, Sep 30, 2010.

1. y2j514

y2j514 Member

Hi guys, I'm converting a whole season of a TV show into a format playable onto my iTouch 4G. Which I have no problem doing, but I was wondering if there is a more automated process of doing it.

There is 50 episodes and I am adding them to the batch tool individually, although I'm using the exact same profile for each episode. Anyway to do all 50 episodes in one shot (keeping them their own individual files) as opposed to "Start New Project" click click click, select the profile, press add to batch encoder, then press Start New project again click click select profile...

Thanks!

2. gc58

gc58 Guest

3. gc58

gc58 Guest

If you only have to convert them and not edit them, and they are all to be edited using the same profile, could you not drag all fifty into the file selection area (or open them using the dialogue method)? It will ask you "do you want to select them all without the editing dialogue? and you say "yes." Then you can proceed to select a conversion method for them all and enter them into the batch conversion program all at once.
    Good Luck, Gordon

4. y2j514

y2j514 Member

It is my understanding that if it is done that way then it will combine all 50 files into one long video file. Is this not accurate?

5. gc58

gc58 Guest

First insert all the files at the "source" stage (and you want to check "Yes" that you want to add the clips without displaying the clip editor window). Then at the "format" stage you set the conversion characteristics for all fifty files. At the top of this window there is a very important setting: you want to make sure that "output each clip in a separate file" is selected (there is also an option to output all clips as a single file, which may be selected by default). After that you click "encode" and if I were you I would add them all to a batch setting before encoding. That way everything is saved in case something goes wrong, the computer shuts off, etc.
    Good Luck!

6. y2j514

y2j514 Member

Thanks a lot, I just noticed that now - I was actually coming back onto the forums to post my discovery. Thanks a lot for your help! This will save me a lot of grief in the future!