1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking to learn guitar

Discussion in 'Artist looking for a band' started by chris39, Mar 5, 2013.

1. chris39

chris39 Member

I'm 15y male who lives in Ohio and is really wanting to learn but need a teacher.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Chris the best teacher is yourself. If you really want to learn to play guitar then get a decent playable guitar and do it. Along the way you will meet some other players who will teach some tricks of the trade but first you have to dive into it head first.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

Agreed.. I learned as a young teen from the Bert Weedon "Play with yourself in a day" book.. and 35 years later after the years on the tv and in bands I still occasionally play in front of the public.. Wouldn't ever say I was great.. adequate I reckon would be fair, though others tend to rave about my playing.. because to say the least being self taught it's different :)

If I could give a new start any advice it is "get hold of as much different music as you can, from traditional guitar music like flamenco to full on rock.. but don't try to be too clever all at once.. it takes time to learn them fingers to go where they go without you having to think about it. Above all it's about enjoyment.. forget everybody else and play for your own personal pleasure..