1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-Ray player/recorder does not reconigize avi files on my ext hardrive

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by bigkev1, Aug 18, 2012.

1. bigkev1

bigkev1 Member

Why does my Blu-Ray player with usb port not play or show folders with avi files from ext hardrive?
    I have a Panasonic Blu-ray player/recorder with usb port. The player does play avi files. Then I have a 1t external harddrive (converted to fat32) with around 700mb of movies, tv series and doco's. I still have around 300mb of free space.

The problem I face now is that on my PC, I see every file and it works, but on my Blu-ray player, only the movies show on my screen with maybe small amount of folders consisting of tv series. A large amount of folders that consists of TV series and doco's....do not even show on my screen, but I know it's there.

Why is this so? What is the problem? Is it my Blu-ray player?

Edit...Sorry mean't to say 700gb and 300gb and my hardrive is 1tb. Not confused, just a typo, that's all.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

for one "with around 700mb of movies, tv series and doco's. I still have around 300mb of free space. " this means you have 1 gig not one tb you are confused, if your hdd is in fat 32 that means your tv will only see files 4gig and under, all to do with codecs and movie formats,