1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

magnavox blu-ray disc player sound problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Demon1777, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Demon1777

Demon1777 Regular member

About a month ago i bought a magnavox blu-ray disc player and while playing dvds from time to time the sound will go out and i have to hit stop and then press play again from the sound to resume...i thought it was the dvd player causing this problem so i returned the blu-ray disc player and got another one...the same exact one and its still doing the samething thing as the other one with the sound issue...its not the tv cause i plugged the dvd player up to another hdtv and still the same issue....the only thing i haven't tried was changing the hdmi cable or messing around with the audio on my hdtv and or blu-ray disc player but before i start messing with something i know nothing about i wanted to take it to this forum for answers first can anyone help? by the way...it doesn't matter if its a blu-ray disc or regular disc i still get the sound issue regardless...could the hdmi cable be causing all of this or the brand of the blu-ray player or what?

2. Hobbes17

Hobbes17 Member

Hey,

Yes it can most definitely be the cable. Have you ever had headphones lose sound in them or just one without any apparent damage? This could be the case for the cable. What I would do is see if you can borrow a cable and give that a try before investing in one. Best of luck to you.

Tara