1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to Archive Angels and Demons

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Peeker, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Peeker

Peeker Member

While I'm not new to either Computers or DVD ripping I am new to Blu-Ray so Please be gentle with me... ;) I am trying to Archive Angels and Demons with the following Hard/Software:

LG Blue ray drive (10X)
    DVDFab v7
    Anydvd HD V6.6.4.8

Since I dont have access to DL Discs I told DVDFab to shrink down to 25gb....13 Hours later it was done but was not able to view the file prior to burning
    (Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 came with the drive but I cant figure out how to get it to play BD Files from the HDD)

After the first burn (yes I'm up to 3 now) I notice that the video was slow and stilted while the audio was fine. (I actually got a headache watching this for 10 mins).

I decided that during the first burn that the software was actually burning at 8x but the discs are only rated for up to 4x so I slowed it down and re-burned at 4x - Same problem but the video did seem to be a little faster (Could easily have been my imagination) Were now up to the third burn so before I make any more coasters I have these questions.....

1. What am I doing wrong here? I obtained the software I'm using based on information found on this site so I have to assume they work as advertised....???

2. Prior to starting DVDFab I get an error message telling me that Anydvd has been detected and should be stopped prior to continueing.... Could this be the problem?? are they fighting with each other or what?

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated...

BTW: I'm not attempting to do anything fancy here, No re-authoring,Ripping audio, demuxing or anything else just a straight disc copy with shrinkage.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I do not know anything about burning BR discs. Don't even have a reader for BR discs. But I do have enough sense to turn anyDVD off when Fab tells me that I need to. Surely you turned ANyDVD off after the first bad burn hopefully before. I have no idea if it will fix the problem but why take the chance. JM2C

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  3. Peeker

Peeker Member

Well since I did indicate in the original post that I was up the Burn #3 I'm guessing that I did not in fact follow your sage advice... However since the original post I have determined that you "Cannot Turn Anydvd Off" all that can be done is to Deselect the drive in question but I get the same error regardless of weather its turned off or not so.....

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You most certainly can turn AnyDVD off. Right click the red fox near your clock and select exit. Wallah gone! Google is your friend. Why would Fab request something you could not do???? Hmmm.

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Just right click on the fox, then select Exit. Fox go bye-bye.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Peeker, if you had read the site rules then i wouldn't have had to close your previous thread. title edited due to stupidity.

7. Peeker

Peeker Member

No need to apoligize for stupidity, Some people are just born that way. Lucky for me I overcame mine 30 years before you were born. Don't worry you'll get the hang of it ... someday

8. ddp

Peeker, i'm probably old enough to be your father or big brother as you'll have to be 80yrs old to be 30yrs older then me. the stupidity was on your part for not reading the forum rules.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I could be his grandfather and your father ddp

the poster does seem to have one too many Es and one shy C in his name, and can't follow simple instructions.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  10. ddp

you must be from the dinosaur age then because of your sig.

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm extinct

12. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Peeker, go look around in the blu-ray burning thread. You'll find all you want and more. As far as watching blu-ray on your machine per your post I see 2 options you have. You can create an ISO file out of your movie file and load it in a virtual drive and watch it w/ powerdvd. PowerDvD and some other media players are scripted to play Blu-ray for a disc. Option 2 is install kpac on your machine and watch w/ VLC or WMP. As far as your burning woes let dvdfab do the convert the burn files w/ imageburn. I have a crazier idea how bout use megui to reencode, and have some control on what your doing.

13. Peeker

Peeker Member

Well that would be a great trick since my grandfather was 78 years old when he died 32 years ago... let see that would make you what 110 Years old now.... And if your older than the tyrant who admits to being at least 50+ WOW... Does guiness know about You??

its a little hard to belive we have all this age in here when just about everyone tends to act about 10 years old. All because one individule who has nothing better to do in his old age than enforce petty rules that make sense only to him. I for one am done with this childish exercise so take your silly rules and stuff em where the sun don't shine. I have always had a great amount of respect for Afterdawn during the many Years that I have been a member but after seeing what kind of people are involved here that respect was apparantly misplaced.

Remember Kids in bed by Eight or I'll send your father in to beat you..!!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  14. ddp

Peeker, i don't make the rules as i & other moderators just enforce them. if you don't like the "petty" rules then can either talk to site admin or leave as we will not stop you.

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Obviously, your father did not do enough of that when you were younger. By the title of your original thread, it was apparent that you weren't in need of technical help, but mental. You might email Miss Manners also!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  16. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Peeker, come on man. Did you come here to argue or learn something. I've tried to help and you totally bypassed me. Dude you can't get anywhere arguing w/ a mod. It doesn't matter if he's right or wrong. You can bet he'll do what's in his power. Your questions where answered. You failed to see them. Now let's get you back on track and solve your issues of the title of this thread.