1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying an hdtv help!!

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by ganni666, Sep 27, 2010.

1. ganni666

ganni666 Regular member

im planning to buy an hdtv, but there are so many brands i can't decide which is the best, i want this tv with the ps3, i was thinking between these brands, looking for a 32 inch one, not more
    lg, samsung, sharp, philips or toshiba
    which one gives a good picture quality in gaming.
    thanks

2. Zealousi

Zealousi Member

well obvious you don't know what your looking at so when looking for a TV you should look at what features like resolution and dept of definition like the difference between a plasma and LCD tv. Don't get anything lower then 1080p or 1080i, the higher the resolution the better. If the 42 is a few 100 extra get it and don't worry all is well in the end. HDMI is also a key for great gaming which will give you the max out of the graphics.

Research what your looking at before the salesman see's you coming a mile away :p

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  3. ganni666

ganni666 Regular member

thanks for the reply.
    i am looking for a full hd 1080i/p, i was looking for a samsung
    full 32 inch lcd or LG, can you tell me which is the best for the ps3
    i heard rumours abouy LG that sometimes does not detect the console, and you have to update firmware.

4. Zealousi

Zealousi Member

Great, very simple consumer. Stop looking at brands the only reason your going by brand because you have done absolutely zip research into what your investing into also you bought a PS3 so you got it mostly for the blue ray and not the games. Real gamers buy Xbox.

So you got this over sized brick in front of you what are you going to look for the shiny brand name with a over priced tag or understand what's under the hood, in the end i doubt you would see the finer details from a better quality screen so find a good price and size and if it has HDMI and 1080 then buy it.

5. ganni666

ganni666 Regular member

so would it be a good lcd for the ps3 the samsung?
    im mostly a gamer not to watch blue ray movies on the ps3,
    so i want to know if its a good lcd for games, what do you recomend me ?

6. Zealousi

Zealousi Member

find the biggest LCD screen you have that is NOT Plasma!!!! you seriously want my recommendation haha sweet

42" LCD screen, brand does not matter aslong as it is known. throw out the PS3 your not going to need it because a xbox will all ways do a better job but optional, your going to need a HDMI cable so make sure the TV has HDMI for best graphics if you don't i will slap you. Check how much power the TV uses as some can be drainer's. Take a iPhone/Mobile device with you so you can check internet reviews on the run to see how it pan's out after people have bought it.

Don't buy the first one make sure you look around and if a salesman comes up to you before you say give it to me i just want to play games now ask 500 questions and repeat some even if you are unsure if his answer because the more you know and talk about it the more your going to get a better deal but use commen scene when talking to sales haha.

Really it is simple to buy a tv just make sure you get the one that you need.