1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI-I to Hdmi on HDTV?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by leroyj, Aug 26, 2010.

1. leroyj

leroyj Member

Hi,

Ive just got round to purchasing an HDMI cable to enable me to view streams etc on my HDTV.
    On the back of my PC is a DVI-I port so I bought a DVI-I to HDMI adaptor which slots into the back of my PC, then I simply bought an HDMI cable to run from the adaptor to the back of my TV.
    I plugged them in and went to the correct channel/source (e.g DVD, PC, AV) in this case DVI/HDMI.
    On my TV screen I get the screensaver/wallpaper screen but when go on the internet it shows up on my PC screen but nothing changes on TV screen.

As its my first time doing this known my luck all I have to do is press a button or something,
    is there anything ive missed or forgot to do....thanks

EDIT: Solved the problem on how to view internet on TV. Now I have the problem of no sound, is there a way of getting sound other than buying a graphics card with a HDMI port?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. videobruce

videobruce Member

I don't believe any PC will send audio through a HDMI cable unless there are graphics cards available with a HDMI out that include audio or a connection to the audio of the PC. You will need either a stereo audio cable or a coaxial or optical cable (if the PC and TV has those inputs).

What was the video problem? A Windows in Windows issue?