1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI High Speed Ethernet

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by crowheart, Oct 25, 2010.

1. crowheart

crowheart Member

I just bought an HDTV and was given a HDMI cable. I noticed on the cable pkg that it says "HDMI High Speed with Ethernet". My new TV is a no frills TV Samsung model#LN32C350. Needless to say it is not Internet capable or anything like that. I am trying to figure out if this is HDMI cable is back-wards compatible. I don't want to open the package and try the cable in case I have to return the cable to the store.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks...

2. Prozac4545

Prozac4545 Member

All HDMI cables are backwards compatible. This link will explain the difference between 1.3 and 1.4 revision cables if you want more information. MonoPrice.com If you don't need the Ethernet capabilities, I would return the cable. If you paid more than $10 for your cable, you got ripped off anyway. My guess is you went to Best Buy where they don't work on commission, but get bonuses for pimping unneeded and overpriced accessories/warranties.

3. crowheart

crowheart Member

Thanks for the reply. You guessed it right the cable is from Best Buy! I didn't pay for it, it was a gift from a relative who works at Best Buy. My concern was that it would not work because I don't have Internet functionality with this no-frills HDTV. I will go ahead and use the cable since it is back-wards compatible and it will not cause any issues.Thank you...