AfterDawn Forums

How can I connect my HDTV to my computer?

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

I'm trying to connect my HDTV to my computer to use as a second monitor. The HDTV is a Westinghouse 32" LCD (Widescreen LCD TV LTV-32W1). I've connected it to my computer using a DVI cable. Each end of the DVI cable is a male connector, one that plugs in to my video card (NVIDIA 9500GS) and one that plugs into the back of my TV. Every time I try to set up multiple monitor display, my computer's monitor goes black and says "PC resolution out of range, please set to recommended setting of 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz). This is the resolution my monitor has always been in. It is my understanding that the resolution of a 32" 720p tv is 1280 x 720, fully within my PC resolution's range. My TV says "no signal" though my DVI is securely plugged in.

What am I doing wrong? How do I enable the DVI port so I can connect to the HDTV as a monitor? My computer monitor is being connected by VGA. How can I make this work?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 06 Jan 2011 @ 22:43
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Try to extend your desktop and then you can set different resolution to every monitor.

Alternatives - alternatives directory and dictionary.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.