1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV as Monitor not using full screen some reason?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by KeyLee19, Jun 26, 2010.

1. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

So I have been using a Samsung UN40B6000 40-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV
    as a monitor for the past 6 months since I built a new computer. Over the whole time using it the resoluion has been set at 1080p at 60hz highest color possible but it every now and then would flicker off and it would get rid of the windows 7 transparency features but after restart it would fix itself. Now the transparencies and everything work perfectly fine however, there is like a 1 inch black border around my whole tv/monitor whereas before it took up the whole screen which it should be doing now since its set on 1920x1080. Can someone tell me how to get it back to taking up the full screen instead of leaving a black border around everything? the tv/monitor is connected to my ocmputer via HDMI cable and my video card is HIS H587F1GDG Radeon HD 5870 Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. videobruce

videobruce Member

Having that border isn't out of the ordinary. Is the TV set to "Just Scan"? If so change it to the normal setting. You can also try another input, or better yet, have you tried Powerstrip?;
    http://entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm