1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which TV is best?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by scarlet84, Aug 28, 2010.

1. scarlet84

scarlet84 Member

I'm looking to buy a HD LCD TV (for the first time) which will primarily be used to play my 360 although I might occasionally watch TV too. I'm on a budget (of about £250) so I'm not looking for a super high end TV. I've been looking on a bunch of sites and I think I have it narrowed down to these two:
    SAMSUNG SyncMaster LD220HD 22" Full HD LCD TV/Monitor
    LG Flatron M2262D 22" Full HD LCD TV

Are these choices any good? Which is better for Xbox?

2. ostros888

ostros888 Member

i prefer Sony. at a highest price, but...
    1/ much slots and plugs
    2/ the best picture
    3/ borders
    4/ compatibility with hardware

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I like ostros888 prefer and am currently using a Sony Bravia LCD 26" tv as my tv and monitor and PS# screen as well. Works realyl well. However seeing as you are on a budget I suggest the Samsung screen as the LG screens and products in general do not have a very long life span.

4. oldrodnok

oldrodnok Member

What I recommend you is Panasonic... they are leaders on market from a while...

5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

I dont know where you are but where i am panasonic are top quality tvs with a very expensive price tag.think scarlet is on a budget as stated on the first post.I've heard a lot of bad things regarding LG computer moniters not sure if there tvs are any better.Samsung,panasonic and Sony all have really good picture quality.

6. simpar

simpar Member

Yes I also recommend & satisfy with Panasonic, few days ago I bought Panasonic TC-PVT20/25 series it is awesome, I found such very nice best buy electronics stores on net.

7. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

LG plasma are ok.. but when it comes to bang per buck the best overall displays I have seen (regardless of price tag.. in every shop I have looked in.. and believe.. I have no interest whatsoever in forking out stupid amounts of money for a tv when I have a perfectly good 20 year old crt beastie) are the Samsungs.. Subjective but they always look far better than any of the others on display... regardless of the price.. plus.. I wouldn't buy something from $(f)ony anyhow.. wouldn't even have something made by them if it was free!!!