1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 6288 lcd screen and slide problems

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by NRL619, Jul 7, 2009.

1. NRL619

NRL619 Member

I recently discovered that I needed a new flex cable ribbon for my nokia 6288 as the camera wasn't working and the videos weren't playing. I bought one from ebay and tried to put it in myself. Youtube helped quite a lot, so I was able to take the phone apart and insert the ribbon. Then something went wrong with my lcd screen. The backlight for it wouldn't go on. Then I noticed that I had to push a corner of the ribbon to make it go on. After fiddling with it too much, the screen stuffed up and it broke. So I purchased a new one, and the same problem occured. I managed to get the light to stay by putting paper under the ribbon. After putting the phone back together, I noticed three problems:
    1. The slide function wasn't working. So If I slid it up, then the light wouldn't turn on and vice versa.
    2. The light for the lcd screen was a bit fuzzy, in a way where I had to tilt the phone to see the screen properly.
    3. The light for the lower keypad wasn't working.

If anyone can help me, then it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. NRL619

NRL619 Member

anyone?