AfterDawn Forums

Is my PSP now a brick?

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

Hi all,

My little boy decided to see if my PSP would float yesterday, and dropped it in the bath. My fault for letting him get to it, I know. I mentally accepted the fact it would need to be binned. However, just to be safe, I immediately pulled it out, blasted it with a hair dryer until it appeared dry, and put it in the airing cupboard for 24 hours. Now, although it won't turn on, when I plug it in (ac adaptor, with battery in) the orange charging light comes on.

My question is, is there a glimmer of hope? Or shall I use it as a paperweight?

Thanks...
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
What does it do when you try starting it without the battery? Chances are high that the console is fried.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.