1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 6-Core vs Core i7-980X Gulfdown

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Jinkazuya, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Jinkazuya

Jinkazuya Regular member

I would really like to talk about these two processors...For you experts please list the pros and cons. We are not really talking about building a PC, but if you have the budgets and can afford either one of these, what would you do? Buy AMD or Intel? They are all six cores.

I will say something first, I think still nowadays, we barely manage to use up all four cores, not to mention about six cores. How the heck can you use up six cores and plus 12 multithreadings...is impossible.

However, being budget-wise, I would go for AMD not intel, though intel does beat or surpass AMD in all aspects but the price of intel CPU is $999 again, and that of AMD is only $295 considering that both of them can be overclocked and can achieve a desirable speed. What do you guys think?

head to newegg, you won't see any negative feedback about these two monsters esp AMD.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, it's a bit irrelevant. The AMD 6-core is only as fast as Intel's quad core CPUs, hence why it's only $290. The 6-core intel is in a class of its own, hence why it's $1000. If you could afford the 980X you wouldn't even have considered the X6 1090T, so it's down to 1090T vs a quad core from Intel. I'd say the quad core really.