1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building a Custom Computer...

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by LightXxX, Mar 15, 2011.

1. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

2. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

3. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

Holy Jehovah, dude... Overclock little by little and make sure while stress testing to measure the heat of cpu with a program. NOONE can tell you how high you can push your specific chip, you need to put effort into it..not just you sitting at that keyboard eating dorito's

p.s. only because I think you're alright will I tell you to look up "overclocking methodology" or "overclocking 101"

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  4. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

LOL... What you mean, are you saying there's a limit in overclocking? My bro have a Intel Quad Core Q9550 processor with the same heatsink and he overclocked by 30% at 3.59GHz and Heatsink can cool it down but idk how high it could go without overheating... I haven't recived the computer yet so i'll wait until next week to test out after connected all piece and probably around sat... Also the ram i have is 4GB at 1800MHz wiht Intel i7 950 3.06GHz...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2011
  5. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

People, Is there a limit in overclocking? my bro said if i want to overclock a cpu to 4GHz, i have to get a 3GHz or so to get the 4GHz... It's like he saying there's a limit but IDK if there's really is a limit... What kind of heatsink is best to support 4-4.5GHz without overheating?

6. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

People, Is there a limit in overclocking? my bro said if i want to overclock a cpu to 4GHz, i have to get a 3GHz or so to get the 4GHz... It's like he saying there's a limit but IDK if there's really is a limit... What kind of heatsink is best to support 4-4.5GHz without overheating?

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

why do you want to overclock a new system that is under warranty?

8. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

LOL, and how would it burn nor be dead??? My bro when he first got his, he OverClock and set it for 24 Hours for stability... I just wanna try mine... How it got warranty when some of the stuff has different date or kind of warranty... I want to overclock because my bros COMP just recently died and i nor my bro doesn't know what happen to it... he was playing game and it die and in the morning(NextDay) it turns on but the back with all those plug didn't work... So my i mostly think it's the MoBo... Everything is running fine like FANS and Lights but keyboard mouse and monitor(VideoCard) doesn't show anything not even lights, we tested video card on other computer and worked with same monitor... Could it be RAM??? What do you guys think that is the problem??? I can hear HDD Spin and It turns on with blue lights and fan running... i pulled out BIOS for a day and put back in still does nothing... cleaned the DUST and still not working even after taking CPU, it still not working... Nothing got burned... AND SO, my bro ganna use(As a replace) my COMP for CS5 for awhile until he figure the problem or have to replace some hardware... Which i have to buy a monitor...

9. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

if you got a brand new latest computer it should be able to run everything on the market fine without overclock.

10. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

Will, my bro do stuff beyond the gamings... he uses CS5 and convert his movies with his business or something like that(Hmong Culture stuff) and converts and fix movies which slow computer and am unable to do stuff...

11. ddp

try another psu but is most likely either cpu(if overclocked to far) or motherboard.

12. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

I mostly said Motherboard because why would CPU cause the keyboard mouse nor video to not work? The computer runnings everythings fine but nothing that's connected from outside doesn't work... It's mostly motherboard LMSAO(Laughing My Silly A** Off)... I kept telling my bro it's the MoBo but he doesn't believe me... Well try one after my PSU for my computer gets here... :D...

13. ddp

cpu runs everything so if cpu is dead then nothing works. the cpu is the same as your brain so if your brain is dead then your body is also dead.

14. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

Well, Everythings works but no signal to what every is connected to the MoBo(Power go through) So if MoBo is on than must be CPU??? Power works great but no signal on keyboard, mouse, video card, USB/Plugs, and HDD... Everythings spin and make noise but no signal so must be CPU right??? One of my cousn have a CPU like my bro so imma ask my bro to just test out to see if it's the cpu by getting the other cpu and put it on his to see if works...

15. ddp

body can live without brain but on live support machines but brain can't live without body. that has been medically shown to correct as is done all the time.

16. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

pretty sure it means^^^ if the cpu was dead then the motherboard wouldnt power up.

17. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

That is true but why are everythings getting power? Everythings is recieving power but not signal... I can hear HDD spinning as will as Fans and lights but not signal... Everythings works fine but doesn't have signal going out of MoBo... Somethings must got burned or what? I dont see anything got burn but probably something under those copper got burned...
    MoBo:
    http://www.amazon.com/P5E3-Premium-...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B001620G0A

18. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

im thinking if no signals going to the moniter the graphics/video card is dead.

19. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

It's not video card... The freaken keyboard and mouse isn't working even after 5 minutes of the computer turning on(No Lights)... The internet wire that connect to the back is just orange/red... it shoulda turn green if there's signal going through and stuff... BUT it's not video card... i tested it on the computer im using right now(Not mine) and it worked fine with the monitor... It's possible that's it's the PowerSupply or CPU... MotherBoard works fine sending power but not signal... B4 it die, my bro was playing game and it turned by itself(It was night so my bro went sleep after that)... In the morning, one of my bro turned it on but there's no signal, i checked and there's no problem... my bro came and check if anything burned but it's fine... Im sure it's not video card... The computer been turning on almost 5-18 hours a day for 24/7 for 2 years... It's good enough to last "at least" 5 years but it only lasted 2 years which is unbelievable... IDK if the computer turned on too long or it's just too hot or something burned/melted... Sorry for long crap... took me 5 minutes...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
  20. ddp

try another psu 1st as maybe 1 of the voltages is not there.