AfterDawn Forums

PCI DVB-T Tuner for dual tuner Windows 7 system...?

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

Hi, I've been very happy with my Evexham ebox, but wanted to upgrade to Windows 7.

A few bugs have been fixed, but I can't get windows 7 to run the two PCI DVB-T cards (Black-Gold). It will recognise one, but try as I might the second will not start on second boot.

Any reccomendations for a Windows 7 compatible PCI DVB-T would be greatly appreciated - I plan to buy two and get back to the capabilities of the old system with the new sparkly O/S.

Thanks for the help!

PS My PCIe slot has the graphics card in it, so a dual PCIe Tuner is out of the question unless I start really mucking about...
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I don't know if it's relevant - I'm in North America where the standard is ATSC - but I use Windows 7 and Windows Media Centre to record OTA.
I had installed a second tuner card, but WMC only recognized two tuners on the new card and ignored the third tuner on my older card.
I found the free version of 'TunerSalad' and increased the the tuners to '8' then rescanned in WMC and I could then select three recordings at the same time.
The program has selections for various countries so it may be DVB friendly.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 08 Nov 2011 @ 11:14
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.