1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want to build a machine to do work and SC2

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by eRickety, Sep 25, 2011.

1. eRickety

eRickety Member

Hey guys, so my school laptop croaked on me, and I'm not interested in trying to build my own desktop to replace it. I've got about $400 (maybe a little more) and the main functions that I need it to perform are internet browsing and Starcraft 2. Is this possible for this little money?

From what I understand, the Core i3 family is better for the most part than Athlons, and not too expensive, so I was probably going to go this route. I've got a 1 tb external for all of my media, so I would only need a few hundred gigs built in.

So what I'm asking you guys is: with the money left over after about $150 dropped on an hd and the processor, will I have enough money to put together a MB, PSU, fan, optical, and GPU that will treat me well and play my games?

Thanks all.

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I hate to say it but $400 is barely enough for a PC period, let alone one that plays games well.

3. finamd

finamd Guest

what are you talking about ?the only possible way the gt 540m will be better is if the game is totally CPU dependant and thats what was holding back your card.