AfterDawn Forums

Backup iPhone contacts before jailbreak

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

Hi I am about to jailbreak my iPhone 4 but before I do that, I would like to back up my contacts to my computer. How is that possible?
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I used copytrans contacts to back up my old iphone contacts to my computer and then transfer them to my new iphone 5.

in your case, just back the contacts up and then import them to the same iphone after the jailbreak. When you export, make sure to select the "iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch" option.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 May 2013 @ 10:27
Thank you! I saved my iphone address book on my computer as per your instructions.
You can use outlook express to back up contacts and messages.
I have done this but it was not the easiest thing to do.
You need to go to info in your iPhone settings in iTunes, select where you want to back it up to in outlook or yahoo, windows or google, then sync your phone and job done.
What's more,these articles maybe can make a effort of transferring iPhone contacts to computer.
* How to transfer contacts from iPhone to PC
* How to copy iPhone contacts to Mac
Hope it worked for me as well.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 30 Jan 2013 @ 20:46
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.