1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy contacts and sms data from iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by tinyp, Jul 22, 2012.

1. tinyp

tinyp Member

My iphone 3GS got stuck in a loop with "activation required". iTunes can see it briefly but not long enough to get a new backup. During this brief period I am able to copy photos from it, but only a few at a time.

The Apple store techs were not able to get it through normal methods. I have a new phone, but really want the data too.

Is there any utility or "hack" I can use to copy the contact and sms data as well?

Thanks,
    Tiny

2. keebles

keebles Regular member

just take the sim card out and put it in the new one. your contacts should still be on the sim card, unless you stored them on the iPhone its self.

3. tinyp

tinyp Member

The sim cards are different sizes since I went for the 4G upgrade rather than paying for a replacement 3G phone, but thanks for the suggestion.

If I put the sim card into someone elses phone is there any risk to their phone?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  4. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

Try extracting your iPhone contacts via copytrans contacts. I am not sure about sms messages though.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  5. supercopy

supercopy Member

Did this happen because:
    1) Your 3GS is running iOS 4.xx
    2) It was activated with SIM card "A" (whatever it was).
    3) You applied a jailbreak
    4) Then you swapped SIM card "A" for another card "B"
    ?

If so, you need to put back SIM card A, go into Cydia (redo jailbreak if necessary), install a program called "Hacktivation", then you will be able to swap SIM cards without getting back into the "activation required" loop.

In lieu of "Hacktivation" you can also manually patch CommCenter. Search for these terms to find guides.