1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 4 O2 unlock - how?

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by matkoiz, Jan 24, 2014.

1. matkoiz

matkoiz Newbie

Hello, my friend recently found an iphone 4 and we found that its IMEI number was locked to O2. It was not reported as lost or stolen and I'd like to unlock it so that I can use a Virgin Mobile SIM. How do you go about and to that?

2. keebles

keebles Regular member

1) Call the owner of the phone and tell them you have it.
    2) Give phone to owner
    3) Optional( accept reward for returning it(if there is one).

3. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

You cannot unlock iPhone devices only by knowing their IMEI number. You need to contact Apple for this. The owner of the iPhone might have reported the device as lost or stolen, so contacting Apple might not be a good idea - they will simply request to return the device.

There are some online services who claim to unlock iPhone but some if not most of them are scam. Chances are - return the iPhone if you can to the original owner. If not, and/or buy yourself one. :)

4. Tamara_91

Tamara_91 Newbie

maybe you could try factory unlock service that's really trusted and reliable? there are many sites that promise you to unlock iphone but they can't and they don't return money back, but you can find the service where you'll talk to support manager or someone like that before you make an order. there's always a way out ;)

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Tamara_91, you look like a spammer & if i see you post as a spammer then i will ban you & delete your posts so be very carefull what you post.