1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with a Micro SD card. Got corrupted in my phone.

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by mattbatb, Apr 30, 2013.

1. mattbatb

mattbatb Member

So I am sure I am not the only who has gone through this issue. I have the Stupid DROID Razr Maxx HD phone from Verizon wireless. This phone is more hype than it really is. It broke only a month in a half use! With it breaking I had all my pictures and videos on my Micro SD 32 gb card. I was about to upload everything to my computer through the USB port when I plugged my phone in. I get an error message on my phone and then it says it cannot read my Micro SD card.
    Now when I even plug my SD card in any adapter or even a Scan Disk Adapter, it will not read.
    I did go to this jerky computer shop by my house and it read on his reader in the SCHC Adapter but he said that there was no information on it. I told him of course there isn’t know information on the card because it was corrupted. You need to use a backup software to get my pictures and videos. (I only want my pictures and videos back.) The guy was a complete jerk and didn’t know what he was doing. So thankfully I got the card back unharmed.
    Now I need to find away to make the Micro SC card work and read so I can back up my stuff. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

microsd let me explain the issue.

the corruption usually happens when the version of android being run doesn't support the size of the card being used i had a 32 gig in my motorola corrupt and not because of the type of card but because when the phone tried to format it it said the card couldn't be read and goodbye card.

However there is a fix run the play store select apps then select installed and look for updates install all the updates and try again remember the memory card has to be formatted in fat 32 also remember android doesnt save to the sd card unless you tell it to as well.

4. mattbatb

mattbatb Member

It's not reading when I put it in any adaptor. So how can I use any of the programs?
    How can I get it to format as well?

5. megadunderhead

sounds like a bad card might need to replace if it wont format by computer try formatting the card with a card reader not the micro sd adapter using windows go to the drive letter for the reader right click the drive select format and see if it will format.

As for using the programs only select programs read off of the sd card the main program stays on the device several apps use the sd card some don't here is a example.

Battle for wesnoth (application launches from the system memory but the files to run the game are stored on the microsd)

Ubuntu linux no root (application launches from system memory but installs all the linux files on the micro sd card)

so you have to see if the application supports it or root the device so it will run off of the card instead of the internal memory

6. mattbatb

mattbatb Member

When I put it in the adaptor it won't read it or no Drive pops up. :(
    What do I do? ughhh, I need my pictures! :(

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try it on another computer if you hadn't already.

8. megadunderhead

correct or dont use the sd to microsd adapter you need a usb card reader that supports microsd belkin and a few others make one that actually has the micro sd card on the reader not a adapter most adapters malfunction anyways

Also you will need a application called android file transfer for your device most photos are not stored on the sd card but on the phone itself unless you changed the settings do your pictures show up on the phone without the microsd inserted if so then i would say there on the phone itself and not on the sd card that is where you need the android file transfer app search google for it you are going to need this so you can access the dcim folder on both the sd card and the internal memory of your phone its free and should do the trick if you cant get it to read in a reader or adapter you might find it to be lcoked to a special format that only your phone and the android file transfer can read