1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Player pauses BR-rips

Discussion in 'Media tanks' started by abcc, May 29, 2014.

1. abcc

abcc Member

hi, I have a Micca media player, and a Kdlinks HD700

on my own blurays, I rip them using DVDFAB 9 , i go to rip, and i choose the PS3 icon, or the Box tab for the Kdlinks HD700. i put for High Quality rips for 2 Passes.

When i play the rip, it has a lag or pause for 2 seconds like ever 15 seconds. Any recommendations how to fix these pauses ?

if i play it on my PS3 it plays fine, unless it has that cinavia protection.

i place it on : Encoding Method - High quality 2-pass
    Video Quality - Customized to Output Size about 4077, that way it will play on the PS3 upto 4gb file.

and i do use AnydvdHD for the decoder. it gives me the warning when i start up dvdfab, but i click on ok that im using Anydvd.

Thanks , much appreciate it.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

1st possibility = cpu or graphic chips or both not up to the task
    2nd possibility = the encoder used to convert to mkv or whatever container you put the movie into may not be properly supported or is just too much for the players to handle,try using another if there is an option

an example although not blurary as i don't use them there are issues for the original xbox to get a mkv to play well
    vidcoder is the converter i use
    mp4 is the encoder
    mkv is the container

for sd dvd's there's options of what encoder to use if select x264 it will play as you describe & stall every few seconds however if i switch to libav or ffmpg-mp4 encoder it will play fine

try using vidcoder it apparently does bluray & can be manually configured or try handbrake tho vidcoder lets you set output size,you can do a quick test if you cut a section of video out,say 2-5mins worth then encode that using any of the encoders available this way it won't take long & you'll get an idea what encoder to use that plays in all devices

3. abcc

abcc Member

hi, I forgot to put the computer specs, intel i7 3700k , 32gb fast ram , I forgot the specs on it, ati radeon 7900 HD , ssd , Plextor bluray drive. Asus P8 Z77-v premium motherboard. Windows 7 64bit ultimate. ill try the vidcoder software and see to compare.

4. abcc

abcc Member

so far the program look great to use, am about to start the process.... well.. I gotten an error. An error occurred while scanning. I have the Source on automatic which was the Bluray disk.

then I was going to ask for any recommendations for the best 4gb video quality settings.

I see the settings of : picture, video filters, video, audio, advanced

I just left it at Mp4 , target size 4077, and 2-pass encoding.

too bad it has the error occurred while scanning.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

vidcoder does not rip copy protected discs,rip dvd to hard drive then use vidcoder