AfterDawn Forums

Streaming media remotely to a streaming media box/player

I was wondering if it is possible to set up a streaming media box (such as Roku, etc.) to connect to a remote library on another network. I have a Sony streaming box at home and thought it might be a good Christmas gift to get a streaming box for my parents and connect them to all of my movies, but I'm not even sure if it's possible. I Googled it, but of course got a thousand results simply advertising streaming media players and WMP streaming options. I know this is something extremely easy to do with another PC or any smartphone, so why not another media box? I am currently in the process of setting up an Orbcaster and testing that on my media streamer's web browser, but I doubt the UI will be as easy or functional as simply using the media box's UI. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Also, I apologize if the thread gets posted multiple times. It didn't seem to go through for me at first so I had to re-"send message."
▼▼ This topic has 0 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.