AfterDawn Forums

MKV/tsMuxeR issue

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

#1
Hello all.

Can anyone help me with the following problem please?

When I download an .mkv file from a website via IE9 (e.g. a filesharing site,) and then try to mux it into an .m2ts file via tsMuxeR GUI 1.10.6, I get the error message Matroska parse error: Invalid EBML number size 0 at pos 1791543839. The number at the end is different depending on the file itself. It usually happens at around 99.8%.

However, when I download the same .mkv file via torrent, I can always succesfully mux it to .m2ts with tsMuxeR.

This has happened with many different files I have downloaded directly through the browser.

Any ideas why this happens and how I can make my browser downloads work correctly? Not all files I want are available on torrent sites.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: This is not referring to any illegal files.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Dec 2012 @ 23:36
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
#2
Try remuxing the MKV as an MKV using MKVMergeGUI first to see if the tsmuxer problem goes away or if remuxing the MKV as an MKV produces warnings or errors.

When you download MKVs using your browser are they generally downloaded from the same site?
#3
Originally posted by hello_hello:
Try remuxing the MKV as an MKV using MKVMergeGUI first to see if the tsmuxer problem goes away or if remuxing the MKV as an MKV produces warnings or errors.

When you download MKVs using your browser are they generally downloaded from the same site?
When I remux the MKV as an MKV and add the resulting MKV file to tsMuxeR, I get the following error message:




When I then click Close the program, I then get this:




When I download through the browser, it is from various sites, not just limited to one.

Any ideas?
#4
Sorry, I've no clever ideas as I rarely use tsmuxer. I did just try a few MKV files though with an "interesting" result. Every MKV file I tried to remux using MeGUI failed with an error message. When I tried them again using tsmuxerGUI though, they remuxed as m2ts files without issue.

Both MeGUI and tsmuxerGUI use the same version of tsmuxer so it's not tsmuxer itself. There was a small difference between the command lines MeGUI and tsmuxerGUI used though, so I assume that's the reason, but I don't really understand it as I don't use tsmuxer much.

Whether something in the command line is causing your problem I don't know. Maybe it's a red herring, or maybe it'll point you in the right direction......
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.