AfterDawn Forums

BD Rebuilder

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this question--if not please direct me--but I recently downloaded the latest version of BD Rebuilder and tried to run it. I received an error message that says: "Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependenices not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

I ran the inspector and every thing is ok. I also downloaded earlier versions but got the same error message. BD Rebuilder worked perfectly before downloaded the new version.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks.
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Originally posted by mgrace47:
I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this question--if not please direct me--but I recently downloaded the latest version of BD Rebuilder and tried to run it. I received an error message that says: "Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependenices not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

I ran the inspector and every thing is ok. I also downloaded earlier versions but got the same error message. BD Rebuilder worked perfectly before downloaded the new version.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks.
If your running Windows 8 you may need to run REG_MSCOMCTL.BAT. In the installation folder, right-click on the file "REG_MSCOMCTL.BAT" and select "Run as Administrator". You should only have to do this once.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.