1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting a 3D Blu Ray to MKV and keeping the 3D!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by Dudeness1, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Dudeness1

Dudeness1 Member

Hi Everyone,

I am quite familiar with backing up my Blu Ray collection to MKV for easy storage on hard drive (and keeping my originals in good condition). However I am now moving into the backup of my 3D movies, of which I currently only have one - AVATAR! - but I encountered a screen that I am not familiar with in AnyDVD HD...

AnyDVD HD Screen Capture (please right click and choose "Open in New Tab", to prevent moving away from this post)

I followed the advice presented and decided to rip the movie to hard drive as an image. However now I am wondering where to start with regard to converting to an MKV and retaining the 3D aspect.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  2. richietea

richietea Regular member

3. Dudeness1

Dudeness1 Member

Hi Richietea,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am already using this program, and am pleased to report that it worked very well for the conversion of my Avatar 3D. This program could probably be improved slightly in the area of sub-titles. Currently it only supports two "modes", hard-subs (for everything spoken in a movie...), and a separate SUBs file. Unfortunately in the case of Avatar I only wanted sub-titles for the parts where the aliens speak their native tongue, not for all talking in the movie, as a result I settled on no sub-titles.

Kind Regards,

Davo