1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by gcooldude, Apr 4, 2011.

1. cdan

cdan Regular member

okie dokie

2. lungfish

lungfish Member

I'm not going to quote....I dare not...but regarding Fredbun's post on Cinavia thought this might be of interest This is Slysoft's main competition which whilst they mock still provides the only current workable solution

3. cdan

cdan Regular member

Now that i've learned how to BD copy/burn i'm wondering if it's worth the xtra time. A good blu ray player upgrades a dvd to very good quality and takes 1/4 the time...costs less. But I thank LF for all the help.....and i'll pay it forward.

4. FredBun

FredBun Active member

lungfish,, interesting, I saved the link, anyway correct me if I'm wrong, so far it looks like it will only work with ps3.

I spent a good part of last night on the slysoft forum, everybody is in an uproar about this, I also stand corrected, my above post was not quoted from thier staff, it was from a mod, so far from what I could gather, thier staff are trying to calm everybody down, because it renders everybody's anydvdhd useless, I know thier working on it so they say, but it looks like it will require another type of clone other than thier clonedvd2, who knows for now, I'm not a techie.

For now I think what they will try to do is figure something out not just for ps3 but for all players.

5. lungfish

lungfish Member

Yes just for ps3 at the moment although like everybody else they are working on a universal solution. It does work for ps3 so for the time being it's all good if like me you use your ps3 as a blu-ray player!

6. Tracywa

Tracywa Guest

I saw a lot of blu-ray converter can do 1:1 copy.maybe you can google it.

7. cdan

cdan Regular member

Dvd fab will probably do it but you may need 50g media, which gets expensive.

8. lungfish

lungfish Member

DvdFab will do a full disc copy as well as movie only (or movie + menus) but yes unless you compress heavily you will need 50GB discs

9. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

@Fredbun, a while ago, there was talk of a "Slysoft Player". Software that would play BD files off your HD and you could stream it to you big screen through a HDMI from your HTPC. In this way, cinavia would be defeated

10. lungfish

lungfish Member

PowerDvd 9.0 will play blu-ray files direct from disc or from hard drive

11. cdan

cdan Regular member

After burning a Rio bd and playing...i'm getting some pixel distortions. I burned a 2nd one in case I had some bad media....same thing. Ideas?...plus, took forever to burn...an hr each time.

12. lungfish

lungfish Member

Sounds like a problem with the rip. Was it movie only, what was the compression and did it rip to multiple streams & need muxing? Try and get the least amount of compression possible - I sometimes lose the HD audio for the sake of less video compression as it's far less noticeable unless you have a kickass sound system. Try running it through TSMuxer even if no muxing required as it will sometimes pick up and correct small errors like overlapping frames (similar to processing dvd files with VOBBlanker if you've ever used that excellent bit of software). Another test would be to playback the files direct on your pc to see if it still distorts in which case it would definitely be the rip that was dodgy. Don't know if you are using dvdfab but there was a recent update a few days ago which included a few tweaks to the VSO burning engine which might help??

13. cdan

cdan Regular member

I'm using DVDfab and muxed before burning. Maybe i'll try one more and ditch the hd audio. I'm doing 'priest' now....w/cineva which fab says it can remove....we'll see about that.

14. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I have not heard of that, but I will check into it, thanks for that info.

15. cdan

cdan Regular member

I burned 'Priest' 2 times... first time using the "create protected disc" to disable cinavia, not sure how that's supposed to work. It hit 'ok' and let it do..whatever it does, when it finished it said to put in a bd disc which I did. It burned and said finished. Put it in the panasonic bd player....won't play. 2nd time: didn't check the "protected disc", just ripped , remuxed and burned...plays fine but has someone narrating everything that's happening...wtf? What to try next?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  16. lungfish

lungfish Member

You need to use blu-ray ripper not copy if it is a multiple stream br which will mux as well as creating protected disc. If you just use copy then the protected disc will not be muxed and won't play properly or at all. If you rip in the usual way without creating a protected disc then it may appear to be fine for 20 minutes or so before the cinavia kicks in. As for the narrative try selecting the correct audio track during playback - sounds like it's ripped the director's cut audio where you get the director yabbiting on about how they made each scene....never really understood why anyone would want to listen to that!!

17. cdan

cdan Regular member

the audio is someone telling you what's going on....as if you were blind. I did blu ray ripper the first time and did the remove cinava protection, then burned...won't play. It's an 18gb movie and when using blu ray copy it still wants dual layer media. I'm ripping w/ anydvd now then i'll burn with fab and see what happens...this is getting expensive.
    update: ok, I ripped with anydvd, did 'main movie' with fab from the ripped files to shrink to 25gb, remuxed and burned with fab. Plays fine...ran it up thru 26min and good so far. Didn't actually let it play 26min..just skipped chapters to 26min...so...we'll see. This might be the way to defeat Cinava.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  18. lungfish

lungfish Member

It's audio descriptive & you should be able to turn it off on your player's menu. Ripping and burning without creating a protected disc will not disable cinavia and you will not be able to playback on a cinavia enabled device (it will usually let you play about 20 minutes or so before it hits the cinavia watermark and then either mutes the audio or stops playback completely). Not sure why blu-ray ripper didn't work - check you have the most up to date version as I know there have been issues with Priest and I'm pretty sure a recent update addressed these issues. Also worth checking the DvdFab forums for tips and latest fixes

19. lungfish

lungfish Member

It's macroblocking and apparently it is being sorted - probably get an update in a few days

20. cdan

cdan Regular member

so fab is only good for 30days...then have to buy it?