1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripbot not correctly predicting the output size of conversions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by Dudeness1, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Dudeness1

Dudeness1 Member

Hi Everyone,

I am using Ripbot 264 to convert Blu Ray (.m2ts) files into MKV (DivX HD) format. Traditionally I have used this program to backup my Blu Ray disks to Dual Layer DVD disks. Admittedly the Dual Layer DVD can only hold 8 Gigs, but it still looks pretty good.

With the cost of Blu Ray Disks (single sided) coming down I have decided to backup all of my new Blu Ray movies to Blu Ray Disk. Toward this end I am still using Ripbot to convert to MKV. However I am noticing with the larger file size - 23.3 Gigs (for single sided Blu Ray Disk) - that RipBot is no longer accurately predicting the output size of the converted file.

E.g.: If I set Ripbot to create a 22 Gig MKV the file usually comes out around 18 Gigs.

If you have encountered this issue, and / or know how to fix it can you please let me know?

Kind Regards,

Davo

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I am usually able to buy blank BDR discs cheaper than DVD DL discs.

Have not used your program, therefore not familiar with it. DVDFab works great for me. Versatile and easy to use. Check it out.