1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with MultiAVCHD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by ZKme, Mar 5, 2012.

1. ZKme

ZKme Member

Hello,

Had trouble with MultiAVCHD version 770. I was trying to this out for the first time. Quick guide help a lot. But application developed major issues. Followed everystep listed in the Quick guide. Loaded a total of 10 MKv files each avg. 1.45g totaling 14.5gs for data to burn on one BD-25. Started the transcoding process. Said it would take from 10 minutes to 10 hours.

It worked at about 50 to 100kbs transfer rate which resulted in the first porption taking over 2hrs. Then it started with the second MKv file. Another 2 plus hours. At this point I realized something wasn't working right and did a Windows Task Manager view of my CPU processor and it was maxed out to 100%. So I then tried to break the trancoding process using the break button. Nothing happend and MultiAVCHD continued to transcode. Tried the stop button with no result and MultiAVCHD continued with the process. Even Windows Task Manager didn't help nor Windows shutdown process. I literally could not get it to stop running. It had highjacked my compputer. I had to hit my PC box reset button the kill power to the system.

So after the reboot I decided to run a test to make sure it wasn't the number of MKv files which caused the problem. I decide to just use one MKv file this time and leave everything else the same. This time it listed a transfer rate of 8000kbs but still only did about 50kbs. Said it would take the 1.45g MKv file and make it a 3.8g transfer file. Same results as before, slow transfer, maxed out CPU, but I was able to get the Graphics application of MultiAVCHD to shut down using Windows Task Manager this time. Although that was no help because Windows showed X26 still running in the background and my CPU at 100% and memory use at 50%.

My system specs.(All latest drivers)
    HTC Asus E35M1-I Delux Mini ITX
    AMD 1.6GHz Dual Core Processor
    8gig G.Skill RipJaw memory
    Windows 7/x64
    OS loaded--> C: drive\V64gig Corsair SSD Sata II
    F: driver\120gig Vertex OCZ SSD Sata III

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. prologica

prologica Member

I have an icore7 pc overclocked at 4.7ghz . I also use 100% CPU . Looking at your specs, some mobile phones run faster ... so I think that might be your problem ... try encoding in fastest mode if your not fussy ..

3. ZKme

ZKme Member

Funny you are also running at 100% CPU using this program. Yes my system is latent for this process so I've invested in the Sandy Bridge Intel I-Core processor and MB slso. But seems that won't help either since you're also maxed out on your CPU. I would also guess there will be no support for Intels QuickSync from the program developer.

If you don't mind me asking,"How long does it usually take you to convert a Gig file with your i7?"