AfterDawn Forums

Open Tray, Wont Read Discs, The lens goes too far back beyond disc

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

I have a Philips lite on Disc Drive that the laser seems to go too far back and it reads the outer plastic edge and then gives me open tray error. If i manually move the laser closer it reads then the 2nd time i open/close it does it again. How can i fix this or is replacing the drive the only option? other than the lens not being in the right spot after it is ejected i dunno any other issues.
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
you can put a washer on the back to keep it from going to far, nobody has ever figured out exactly what causes that to start happening! i think it has something to do with the worm-gear but i usually just put a washer in there!
Originally posted by peluynati:
you can put a washer on the back to keep it from going to far, nobody has ever figured out exactly what causes that to start happening! i think it has something to do with the worm-gear but i usually just put a washer in there!
Yes I've seen it happen too. The worm drive gets out of sync. Replacing the worm drive motor or the washer is the only way to fix it.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.