AfterDawn: Tech news

CES 2010: AT&T adds Android, Palm smartphones

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 07 Jan 2010 1:42 User comments (2)

CES 2010: AT&T adds Android, Palm smartphones AT&T has announced it will soon begin selling Android and Palm smartphones in the U.S., a smart hedge for when the iPhone goes off exclusivity in the 6 months.
The company is the second largest carrier behind Verizon with 82 million subscribers, but most of its growth has been attributed to new subscribers flocking to the iPhone.

AT&T will have five Android phones, developed by Motorola, HTC, and Dell. The Dell Mini3, released so far only in China and Brazil, will be exclusive to AT&T, although it is unclear for how long.

Mobility CEO Ralph de la Vega also noted that they would begin selling two Palm devices, although it is unclear whether they will be the Pre and Pixi or new phones not yet unveiled that will run on GSM and not CDMA.

Previous Next  

2 user comments

17.1.2010 16:15

Just curious as to why there's no buzz surrounding the HTC HD2 or Leo? The WM phone with the huge 4 inch multi-touch screen and sense interface. It's available unlocked on ebay now. Is the phone's lack of attention due to it being a wm not an android phone? Surely it's not that out of date already. I was just cruious is all, cause I remember seeing the HD2 on here during all the speculation as to what the Nexus was going to look like, and I read messages where other users were excited about it. I probably won't buy it cause of the lack of keyboard but still thought it looked like a cool phone.

27.1.2010 21:39

Originally posted by 5fdpfan:
Just curious as to why there's no buzz surrounding the HTC HD2 or Leo? The WM phone with the huge 4 inch multi-touch screen and sense interface. It's available unlocked on ebay now. Is the phone's lack of attention due to it being a wm not an android phone? Surely it's not that out of date already. I was just cruious is all, cause I remember seeing the HD2 on here during all the speculation as to what the Nexus was going to look like, and I read messages where other users were excited about it. I probably won't buy it cause of the lack of keyboard but still thought it looked like a cool phone.
I love my palm matrix with its awesome keyboard. But i would probably ditch it if the nexus one gets 3g support on at&t. But my contract expires on december so i wonder if they will be something better than the nexus by then. I'm sticking with at&t because is the only service that gets perfect signal where i work at.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive