AfterDawn: Tech news

Windows 8 coming in 2012?

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 22 Nov 2009 6:41 User comments (93)

Windows 8 coming in 2012? According to a roadmap revealed earlier this week, Microsoft will look to release their next updated operating system, codename "Windows 8," in 2012.
The move will keep up the pattern Microsoft has developed in launching major releases every four years. The company, according to the slides, considers Windows Server 2008 a major release and the R2 as a "release updates." Notably, Windows 7 is considered a "release update" as well.

Vista, released in 2007, had its release date pushed back three years when the company scrapped all existing work and started fresh after it was decided to base Vista on the then recently released Windows Server 2003.

Previous Next  

93 user comments

122.11.2009 19:47
jony218
Inactive

At least finally they will release something to replace XP, it's about time. Vista and Vista ME (aka windows 7) where quite bloated.

222.11.2009 22:19

Jony218, this is in no way directed only at you, but I have found that most people that bash Vista and 7 have never tried it. Windows 7 is FAR AND AWAY the superior OS to its two predecessors. XP was great and had its time, but this is almost 2010, it is time to upgrade.

322.11.2009 22:42

You know, to me it just comes down to preference. All I hear is people bell aching about every operating system. Microsoft can make every body happy. I worked with XP Pro for years and was hesitant to move to Vista Home Premium 32Bit because of all the hoopla over it. I made the switch and I am more than pleased with it. Ir runs everything I throw at it. As for stability, it runs a constant ten. I have 143 programs loaded on my system and not one gives me any grief. I think most problems arise when people don't upgrade their system to run the new operating system. That is where a lot of problems stem from. Find a operating system you are happy with and use it to its full potential. If you are not happy with Microsoft, go Mac or ubunto or linux. Quit crying in your beer.

422.11.2009 22:43

It looks like Windows 7 x64 will be the best windows available until 2014...

522.11.2009 22:44

I do agree. Just placed an order for a new laptop with Windows 7. I'm very excited.

622.11.2009 23:04

Originally posted by zachm1:
You know, to me it just comes down to preference. All I hear is people bell aching about every operating system. Microsoft can make every body happy. I worked with XP Pro for years and was hesitant to move to Vista Home Premium 32Bit because of all the hoopla over it. I made the switch and I am more than pleased with it. Ir runs everything I throw at it. As for stability, it runs a constant ten. I have 143 programs loaded on my system and not one gives me any grief. I think most problems arise when people don't upgrade their system to run the new operating system. That is where a lot of problems stem from. Find a operating system you are happy with and use it to its full potential. If you are not happy with Microsoft, go Mac or ubunto or linux. Quit crying in your beer.

do you mean ubuntu?

722.11.2009 23:15

Originally posted by jony218:
At least finally they will release something to replace XP, it's about time. Vista and Vista ME (aka windows 7) where quite bloated.
Dude...vista is ME.....win7 is a fcking god send as its faster than XP.

Is it perfect? No some hardware dose not work (like a 800$ 10 year old printer) and some apps are buggy but most work fine and even more work in compatibility mode and if you have hardware with virtualation support you can run XP fully inside of Win7 ultimate.

DVDBack23
Speaking of win7 I do hate how when you move the same folder over another folder of older data and the HD is low in space win7 can not ignore the space issues 0-o, it also seems to hang when you try and select all your HDDs for indexing...also the indexing system needs to be backed up with a normal file by file search operation... it would be nice if they had the quicktool bar in it sine every app I know of used it but hell making a new tool bar or 3 and making them use drop down menus is not that hard.

I don't really like the pin option for apps it takes up to much space I like the tool bar more 0-o ah well when I get things setup I will try them all pined but for the ones on the side that I use as a drop down toolbar type thing.....

===========================
MS should stop and focus on making 32bit and 64bit win 7 preform better as well as make a slim version that can install and run on 1-5GB of space.

There is no need to rush give it till 015 or 016 then bring out a solidly built 64bit OS that can run 32bit apps efficiently.

Now I have a stupid question will we be going to a 128 bit OS in 10 eyars or what? I don't parallel processing is ready for prime time yet....

823.11.2009 00:42

So was there just a massive FAIL to notice the slide titles mention Windows SERVER releases?

923.11.2009 00:52

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Jony218, this is in no way directed only at you, but I have found that most people that bash Vista and 7 have never tried it. Windows 7 is FAR AND AWAY the superior OS to its two predecessors. XP was great and had its time, but this is almost 2010, it is time to upgrade.
In other words "YOUR OPINION is wrong because MY OPINION is right"???

"Superior" is debatable. There's some things W7 does better than XP and some things it does worse, but there's little reason for most users to upgrade to W7 unless they're buying a new computer that comes w/ it anyway.

1023.11.2009 00:54

Quote:

"Superior" is debatable. There's some things W7 does better than XP and some things it does worse, but there's little reason for most users to upgrade to W7 unless they're buying a new computer that comes w/ it anyway.
Ya but we are talking ME2.0 and Win7..... worlds of difference there, now XP and win7 ya its not super great but good enough.

1123.11.2009 03:16

Vista is not as bad as people make it out to be. Yes, it took a service pack but XP wasn't perfect, either. Windows 7 is superior, yes, but Vista wasn't bad.

Most people whine "Windows 7 uses more RAM!! It uses 1/4 to 1/2 of my precious 4gb!" Guess what? 7 uses its RAM more efficiently than XP. Yes, I just put XP down, I know.

1223.11.2009 05:48

Quote:
Now I have a stupid question will we be going to a 128 bit OS in 10 eyars or what? I don't parallel processing is ready for prime time yet....
It will be a while before we have use for x128 operating systems...the move to x64 was mostly to support memory over 4GB. Windows 7 x64 supports 8TB memory, and the theoretical limit of a 64-bit operating system is a massive 16 exabytes...thats 16 billion gigabytes!

1323.11.2009 06:14
oappi
Inactive

Vista was´t as bad as ppl said. I would also say that most whiners didn´t try vista or tried it with computer that was too slow. i for one tried vista with my schools computer that had old 2ghz celeron prosessor and man that was death slow, totaly different experience than what i get with my own qx9650,8gb ram computer. and yes ppl should NOT whine if os uses your ram.

Why did you buy ram if you didnt want system to use it? my opensuse uses nearly 100% of ram (1gb total), but non of the 2gb of swap i have... unlike windows that uses gigabytes of swap without filling memmory first, meaning that stuff that could be in ram to access it fast is put in slow hard drive. So ppl should really complain how much OS uses swap, not memmory. if someone could tell me why on earth ms does it so that it starts to use swap before memmory is filled i would appreciate it.

1423.11.2009 06:26
scum101
Inactive

drivers must be signed.. epic fail.. wait and see.

1523.11.2009 06:30

"Those suckers that bought Vista Ultimate, myself included, are screwed," said yet another commenter. "There isn't a chance in hell that I am paying $219 for what should really be Vista SP2. We were promised 'extras' which we never got, now we are being excluded from the pre-order special. Anyway even at $49, it is still too much to pay."

The extras that commenter mentioned refer to "Ultimate Extras," one of the main features Microsoft cited in the months leading up to the 2007 release of Vista Ultimate to distinguish the operating system from its lower-priced siblings. According to Microsoft's marketing, Extras were to be "cutting-edge programs, innovative services and unique publications" that would be regularly offered only to users of Vista's highest-priced edition.

But users soon began belittling the paltry number of add-ons Microsoft released and the company's leisurely pace at providing them. Just five months after Vista was launched, critics started to complain.

Earlier this year, Microsoft dumped the feature, saying that it would instead focus on existing features in Windows 7 rather than again promise extras.

The furor over Vista Ultimate has even reached analysts' ranks. In May, Michael Cherry of Directions on Microsoft urged Microsoft to give Vista Ultimate owners a free upgrade to Windows 7. "It would buy them a lot of good will, and I don't think it would cost them much," Cherry said at the time.

Some of the commenters in the latest Computerworld stories about Windows 7 echoed Cherry.

"I am running Vista Ultimate and feel ripped off by Microsoft because ... [we] never received the extras we paid good money to get," said "Hellfire" in a long comment. "The very least that they should do is offer a heavily-discounted upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate to those that have lost money by purchasing Vista Ultimate."

check google for source

1623.11.2009 09:31

I got Win 7 ultimate. never tried Vista. but got to say overall far superior to XP Pro. As for Win 8. Can I have BETA?!

1723.11.2009 09:54

The world is ending that year anyway. Code name "Windows 666"

1823.11.2009 10:31

Quote:

By all means explain what the 9-year old XP can do better than Windows 7. (And I hope we are not running a P4 computer with 1GB RAM for this test)

1923.11.2009 12:30

Quote:
Quote:

By all means explain what the 9-year old XP can do better than Windows 7. (And I hope we are not running a P4 computer with 1GB RAM for this test)

It supports more hardware a min install can run in under 1GB of space, its not a super resource hog and most apps were meant to run on it.

Thats all I got.

2023.11.2009 18:53

Hmm, well I'm sticking with my trusty (un-bloated) Vista 64 Home Basic. Works great on my PC, better the Devil you know. ;)

Phenom II Quad 955 / 280gtx sli / M4N82 1066 DDR2 8gig / 1.3 TB HDD and one trillion fans. (if anyone's in the least bit interested).

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 23 Nov 2009 @ 6:54

2123.11.2009 19:30

Originally posted by Mombasa69:
Hmm, well I'm sticking with my trusty (un-bloated) Vista 64 Home Basic. Works great on my PC, better the Devil you know. ;)

Phenom II Quad 955 / 280gtx sli / M4N82 1066 DDR2 8gig / 1.3 TB HDD and one trillion fans. (if anyone's in the least bit interested).
....vista and unbloated in the same sentence is a oxymoron.... then again so is intelligence and zippy.... =0-o=

2223.11.2009 20:15

Vista 'home basic' that's Vista without the bloated extra crap, so yeah 'Vista and unbloated' in this case is actually fine. (for now).

2323.11.2009 20:48

Quote:

It supports more hardware a min install can run in under 1GB of space, its not a super resource hog and most apps were meant to run on it.

Thats all I got.
Yeah exactly Zip. None of that is a problem however anymore given that a 1TB HDD costs $60 and 4GB DDR3 RAM cost $100...I have also yet to have one hardware or software not work with 7. Hell, they work better with 7 then they did with Vista and that's been out for two years.

2423.11.2009 21:17

Quote:
Quote:

Thats all I got.
Yeah exactly Zip. None of that is a problem however anymore given that a 1TB HDD costs $60 and 4GB DDR3 RAM cost $100...I have also yet to have one hardware or software not work with 7. Hell, they work better with 7 then they did with Vista and that's been out for two years.
Not if you are running it on a older more unique setup, not everything can be fixed with new hardware ya know.

2523.11.2009 23:03

I like Vista I have got soo much program to re-install to goto 7 so I'll wait until hdd crash or something. Right now Vista64 is good, even thought I have crap load of processes running in task manager (75 on boot) which I'm too lazy to weed out is slowing the system down but its still usable and run games pretty fast.

I don't know what the hoopla about vista bashing is about I think its a very good.

I accidentally booted into XP OS, it still work and I don't feel like rebooting to vista (i'm lazy) so I try to use it, I missed the "start Search" feature ( not as good as 3rd party ones I have on XP but it work)

I found that I never used the Vista Window switch thing I don't even remember what it call now. oh well.

2623.11.2009 23:05

Originally posted by zdiggler:
I like Vista I have got soo much program to re-install to goto 7 so I'll wait until hdd crash or something. Right now Vista64 is good, even thought I have crap load of processes running in task manager (75 on boot) which I'm too lazy to weed out is slowing the system down but its still usable and run games pretty fast.

I don't know what the hoopla about vista bashing is about I think its a very good.

I accidentally booted into XP OS, it still work and I don't feel like rebooting to vista (i'm lazy) so I try to use it, I missed the "start Search" feature ( not as good as 3rd party ones I have on XP but it work)

I found that I never used the Vista Window switch thing I don't even remember what it call now. oh well.
Well whatever man, if vista is running fast then win7 will be alot faster for just about everything.

2724.11.2009 03:36

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:

Well whatever man, if vista is running fast then win7 will be alot faster for just about everything.
bar gaming

2824.11.2009 03:45

Guys im running windows 7 ultimate 64bit its hella fast ... Goodbye xp

2924.11.2009 05:05

64bit - I had no idea that username was still available; if I had known, I would have got it years ago...I figured it got taken in the days of DEC Alpha.

I have to agree, Windows 7 x64 is much faster on modern hardware than XP, and is almost as fast on outdated hardware. Add in DX11, and it is the only OS for a gaming PC.

3024.11.2009 08:29

Quote:

bar gaming
Really? I can game with no problem on 7. Have you bothered to try it?

3124.11.2009 10:34

I'll probably upgrade to Windows 7 sometime next year, I just hope it's going to be worth it.

3224.11.2009 12:13

Originally posted by Amak:
Quote:

bar gaming
Really? I can game with no problem on 7. Have you bothered to try it?
Some games need ether XP or admin mode but thats about it I have not seen one that will not run in W7

3324.11.2009 16:06

i didnt say it was bad for gaming, i am using vista 64, what i meant to say was its no better for gaming, (FPS wise, than vista of XP. they are all within 2-3 FPS in most games of each other :)

im a very happy vista 64 and win7 64 user, both since practially release, did not liek XP though.

3424.11.2009 19:50

Originally posted by shaffaaf:
i didnt say it was bad for gaming, i am using vista 64, what i meant to say was its no better for gaming, (FPS wise, than vista of XP. they are all within 2-3 FPS in most games of each other :)

im a very happy vista 64 and win7 64 user, both since practially release, did not liek XP though.
Well windose update just updated my printer drivers finally and now it works in win7 and wont work in vista and vista 64 bit is even less supportive of hardware and programs 0-o

3525.11.2009 12:34

and Microsoft guarantees it will be bug free by december 22nd, 2012...

3625.11.2009 12:39

Originally posted by tefarko:
No no no you mean by the time the next OS is out it will be mostly bug free...and optimized.... and support all the hardware it can....

Really...MS should focus on bugs and optimization then features and GUI improvements, go 10 SP updates about 1 or 2 a year then after all that bring out a better next gen OS non of this beta crap like ME 2,0.... there is no need for it since they can just sell the newest version disc for max price and keep perfecting the OS until the other is ready to go.

3725.11.2009 15:23

No no no you mean by the time the next OS is out it will be mostly bug free...and optimized.... and support all the hardware it can....

Really...MS should focus on bugs and optimization then features and GUI improvements, go 10 SP updates about 1 or 2 a year then after all that bring out a better next gen OS non of this beta crap like ME 2,0.... there is no need for it since they can just sell the newest version disc for max price and keep perfecting the OS until the other is ready to go.
Zippy, the world is supposed to end december 21st...

3825.11.2009 15:25

Zippy, the world is supposed to end december 21st...
the trouble is...the "world" has ended a few times and yet humanity is still here blissfully prancing on the graves of those who have imploded before us.....

3927.11.2009 14:32
Daniel_1
Inactive

Ok some of you completely amaze me on how you walk and talk and chew gum at the same time. Vista SUCKED!! Was way too restrictive, would not run 78% of the programs out there. MS was stingy and refused to give a core sample to programmers so they had to rewrite the whole program and you had to buy the new one because the other one that worked on XP just would not work on Vista.

Windows 7 is so far above Vista as Windows Bob is below XP. (Windows Bob was the very first windows OS to come out) Win 7 runs ALL XP programs that I have run across with no trouble-is MUSH faster then Vista-Easier to navigate then Vista-Idiot simple so anyone from a 2nd grade kid to a 90 year old can easily use it. A bare bones XP is built right into the Windows 7 and is virtual so the scripts and viruses for XP just will NOT work in Vista.

And the best thing is that you can update from XP to Windows 7 and NOT LOSE A DAMN THING! Try that with Vista and see what happens. How you upgrade is easy..you upgrade XP to Vista, and then upgrade Vista to Win 7. You have no troubles and you still have all your programs and they work! I know this for a fact as I did it with my Acer Minibook and my Acer TravelMate 4650 laptops. BOTH are now running windows 7 and running three times faster according to SiSoft Sandra Professional. They both run cooler and load MUCH faster. If Vista would have been a 10th of what 7 is, MAC books would have been gone the same way as beta videotapes. 7's colors are sharper and brighter, the "glass" is so cool it is not funny and the 3D items jump right out of the monitor at you.

There is no way in hell Vista could ever hold a candle to 7....even with the computer twits that insist that 7 is Vista on steroids even though Everyone from MS on down to Popular Computing and Maximum PC all say that it isnt (I mean really, how delusional can you be to insist that you are right and all the people that say different are wrong INCLUDING the maker of the damn program??)

So instad of saying the program is junk...maybe you need to LEARN HOW TO OPERATE A COMPUTER before insisting that you are not the problem here.

4027.11.2009 16:55

Originally posted by Daniel_1:
Ok some of you completely amaze me on how you walk and talk and chew gum at the same time. Vista SUCKED!! Was way too restrictive, would not run 78% of the programs out there. MS was stingy and refused to give a core sample to programmers so they had to rewrite the whole program and you had to buy the new one because the other one that worked on XP just would not work on Vista.

Windows 7 is so far above Vista as Windows Bob is below XP. (Windows Bob was the very first windows OS to come out) Win 7 runs ALL XP programs that I have run across with no trouble-is MUSH faster then Vista-Easier to navigate then Vista-Idiot simple so anyone from a 2nd grade kid to a 90 year old can easily use it. A bare bones XP is built right into the Windows 7 and is virtual so the scripts and viruses for XP just will NOT work in Vista.

And the best thing is that you can update from XP to Windows 7 and NOT LOSE A DAMN THING! Try that with Vista and see what happens. How you upgrade is easy..you upgrade XP to Vista, and then upgrade Vista to Win 7. You have no troubles and you still have all your programs and they work! I know this for a fact as I did it with my Acer Minibook and my Acer TravelMate 4650 laptops. BOTH are now running windows 7 and running three times faster according to SiSoft Sandra Professional. They both run cooler and load MUCH faster. If Vista would have been a 10th of what 7 is, MAC books would have been gone the same way as beta videotapes. 7's colors are sharper and brighter, the "glass" is so cool it is not funny and the 3D items jump right out of the monitor at you.

There is no way in hell Vista could ever hold a candle to 7....even with the computer twits that insist that 7 is Vista on steroids even though Everyone from MS on down to Popular Computing and Maximum PC all say that it isnt (I mean really, how delusional can you be to insist that you are right and all the people that say different are wrong INCLUDING the maker of the damn program??)

So instad of saying the program is junk...maybe you need to LEARN HOW TO OPERATE A COMPUTER before insisting that you are not the problem here.
I thought Win7 was vista but you know like it should have been instead of a buggy unfinished mess?

4127.11.2009 17:20

I lol'd at daniel.

win7 is to vista, what XP was to Windows 2000, a facelift and should have just been the next SP.

also, 78% programs did work, what were you trying to run, and how does one get as percise (sp?) as 785?

4227.11.2009 17:44

I lol'd at daniel.

win7 is to vista, what XP was to Windows 2000, a facelift and should have just been the next SP.

also, 78% programs did work, what were you trying to run, and how does one get as percise (sp?) as 785?
Meh vista was fickle and fincy.....win 7 is but at least more things run better :P

4328.11.2009 00:51
Daniel_1
Inactive

I lol'd at daniel.

My Adobe CS 3 ALWAYS had trouble with Vista Even my Adobe CS 4 did not run correctly due to Vista not allowing some of the needed parts to run as they should. When I upgraded to Win 7, EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM I HAD with my Adobe and Vista....vanished and BOTH ran like they were made for that OS ONLY. One of the problems I had was the blending portion of Adobe. Would work on my XP and CS 2 would NOT work on my Vista with CS 3 NOR CS 4. With 7, they ALL work flawlessly!

And are you now having the audacity to say that MS (who made the statement that 78% of the programs DID NOT work correctly with Vista) are now wrong because YOU say so? Again do have any idea how delusional that sounds because you are implying that you know more then the makers and coders of the program as well as a multi trillion dollar company and that can out think you and buy and sell you out of the petty cash drawer over 100,000 times? Granted they are not perfect, but they got you beat.

4428.11.2009 01:02

from CS2 to CS4, vista 64, and now win7 64, work perfectly fine for me.

infact, bar a problem with rollercoaster tycoon, vista never had a problem with any program threw at it.

can you please link me to where MS said that?

4528.11.2009 01:44

I have to say that I have not a stitch of problem with Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I have 146 programs loaded on my system, and they all work quite nicely. I do a lot of photo editing and music with no problem. My system is A Pentium 2.4 Gig dual core, 4 gigs ddr2 667 MHz ram on an Intel D946GZIS Board,and a Sapphire Radon 4850 with 1gig ram. I have tried W7. Yes it is nice, but the way I look at it. If your system does you good, why switch?

4628.11.2009 08:46
Daniel_1
Inactive

from CS2 to CS4, vista 64, and now win7 64, work perfectly fine for me.

infact, bar a problem with rollercoaster tycoon, vista never had a problem with any program threw at it.

can you please link me to where MS said that?

MS Owner Bill Gates Retirement speech and on his goodbye letter that was posted on MS's webpage as well as MS's tech Support.

4728.11.2009 11:07

link?

4828.11.2009 12:16
Daniel_1
Inactive

link?
There is no link to his speech that was close televised to beta testers and other people that had done work for MS and wanted to see this. As for his letter and the tech report It has been removed from MS's site but you may be able to find it here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/networki...n-vista-xp.html

4928.11.2009 12:34

so no proof then? how ammusing :)

5028.11.2009 13:16
Daniel_1
Inactive

What do you mean no proof? I gave you a link to a complete site to check...not just for you to cherry pick one thread..

5128.11.2009 13:19
Daniel_1
Inactive

Oh and besides...do yourself a favor BEFORE you make yourself look foolish. Do a goocle or nexus search on this issue and you willcome up with well over 12 million sites on Google and over 75 million sites on Nexus. Now do you REALLY expect us to believe that you know more then all of these people?

And it would not surprise me if somewhere in there you actually have the video I spoke of as well as the goodbye letter from MS founder Bill Gates.

Do your homework BEFORE you start making accusations child as once you make them and are proven wrong, there is no way to retract them without making yourself look even more foolish.

5228.11.2009 13:31

Yes..this one has problems with links...facts... and reality....

5328.11.2009 23:26

you know if i searched for daniel fail, and came up with 11,900,000 hits, are that many people wrong?

5429.11.2009 10:45
Daniel_1
Inactive

you know if i searched for daniel fail, and came up with 11,900,000 hits, are that many people wrong?
You know...that is the stupidest thing I have ever read. and a very idiotic way at smoke and mirrors. First off the sites I quoted from nexus and google all delt with the same thing...and that is about XP programs NOT working with Vista as I stated and you denied.

The Daniel Fail crap you are trying all deal with DIFFERENT items and people.

Zippy had it correct, you DO seem to have a problem with links-facts-and reality. But please continue, you are making yourself look more and more foolish with each post.

5529.11.2009 10:47

Quote:
You know...that is the stupidest thing I have ever read. and a very idiotic way at smoke and mirrors. First off the sites I quoted from nexus and google all delt with the same thing...and that is about XP programs NOT working with Vista as I stated and you denied.

Zippy had it correct, you DO seem to have a problem with links-facts-and reality. But please continue, you are making yourself look more and more foolish with each post.
I was telling shaffaaf YOU have issues with links-facts-and reality.... since you hide behind generic and vague excuses and all.........

5629.11.2009 11:44
Daniel_1
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:

I was telling shaffaaf YOU have issues with links-facts-and reality.... since you hide behind generic and vague excuses and all.........

Zippy, are you STILL pissed off that you got your butt stomped with facts in three other threads? You gotta learn to let it go man... ;-)

5729.11.2009 11:47

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Zippy, are you STILL pissed off that you got your butt stomped with facts in three other threads? You gotta learn to let it go man... ;-)
Wut facts? You hid behind google saying you could not find any proof just alot of web hits you didn't bother to read through.

My fiend the troll,er lulz is with you! :P

5829.11.2009 11:54

zippy, i think we should let our friend go, clearly logic is taking a hit with him.

5929.11.2009 11:57

zippy, i think we should let our friend go, clearly logic is taking a hit with him.

I dunno the lulz is strong with im, and...I enjoy the lulz oh so much >>

6029.11.2009 12:19
Daniel_1
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wut facts? You hid behind google saying you could not find any proof just alot of web hits you didn't bother to read through.

Your right, you and Zippy ARE trolls. BUt I have yet to see you post a link that proves what I stated about MS and vista wrong, and yet here both of you are throwing a hissy fit when you have been given a link to a site and well ovr 2 million sites, yet you try and claim that what I said does not exist? Sorta like the crap your alter egos tried to pull in the Xbox emulator posts. yet again over 12 million links were provided via google and nexus and the twit I was answering tried to claim that not ONE of the 12 million links had an emulator that worked. Do you know HOW long it would take to look through that many links? At one link a second it would take you close to 5 years.

Same here, if you clicked on one link a second, it would take you close to the same amount of time to see if I was incorrect or not, not one or two days as in your case or 15 minutes as in Zippys case.

That just goes to prove that you two are all of hot air and exactly WHO the two trolls are here since neither of you have checked the links I gave and yet you two have the audacity to say that not one of them are correct?

What is your major malfunctions that you two seem two seem to think that you are the ONLY ones in the world that are correct on everything?

6130.11.2009 18:20

By Dec 22 2012, by the SOLAR Mayan calender. But what about the other Mayan calenders that go well beyond that date? =)

6230.11.2009 22:29

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your right, you and Zippy ARE trolls. BUt I have yet to see you post a link that proves what I stated about MS and vista wrong, and yet here both of you are throwing a hissy fit when you have been given a link to a site and well ovr 2 million sites, yet you try and claim that what I said does not exist? Sorta like the crap your alter egos tried to pull in the Xbox emulator posts. yet again over 12 million links were provided via google and nexus and the twit I was answering tried to claim that not ONE of the 12 million links had an emulator that worked. Do you know HOW long it would take to look through that many links? At one link a second it would take you close to 5 years.

Same here, if you clicked on one link a second, it would take you close to the same amount of time to see if I was incorrect or not, not one or two days as in your case or 15 minutes as in Zippys case.

That just goes to prove that you two are all of hot air and exactly WHO the two trolls are here since neither of you have checked the links I gave and yet you two have the audacity to say that not one of them are correct?

What is your major malfunctions that you two seem two seem to think that you are the ONLY ones in the world that are correct on everything?
The trouble is...I can put in a search for vampires, were wolves and twilight I will get millions of hits but it dose not make them real...or in twilight's case good.....

/lulz

6330.11.2009 23:03
Daniel_1
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The trouble is...I can put in a search for vampires, were wolves and twilight I will get millions of hits but it dose not make them real...or in twilight's case good.....

/lulz
Just as I figured, zippy and his buddy are both trolls as they just HAVE to have the last word; they cant help themselves as they hate to be proven wrong and as such they will argue on and on just so they can have the last word. IN fact Zippy argued so much in another thread that the mods had to step in and tell him to knock it off.

Watch, I will bet that either Zippy or shaffaff will answer back and thus prove that they are trolls, and when they do answer back we will then know them for what they are and take steps to make sure everyone knows as well.

So get ready for Zippy or his buddy to answer back and prove they are rolls...as I said; they cant help themselves as it is in their nature.

6430.11.2009 23:09

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

/lulz
Just as I figured, zippy and his buddy are both trolls as they just HAVE to have the last word; they cant help themselves as they hate to be proven wrong and as such they will argue on and on just so they can have the last word. IN fact Zippy argued so much in another thread that the mods had to step in and tell him to knock it off.

Watch, I will bet that either Zippy or shaffaff will answer back and thus prove that they are trolls, and when they do answer back we will then know them for what they are and take steps to make sure everyone knows as well.

So get ready for Zippy or his buddy to answer back and prove they are rolls...as I said; they cant help themselves as it is in their nature.

Again my lil fuzzy friend you seem to forget trolls are the ones to make the vague un backable statement then claim victory.

I am merely pointing out your evidence is as shallow as Paris Hilton.... it may seem I am claiming victory on that alone but that is not for me to tell others to decide.....

651.12.2009 07:23
Daniel_1
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

/lulz

Again my lil fuzzy friend you seem to forget trolls are the ones to make the vague un backable statement then claim victory.

I am merely pointing out your evidence is as shallow as Paris Hilton.... it may seem I am claiming victory on that alone but that is not for me to tell others to decide.....
See what did I tell you. he could not help himself he answered back and proved who the troll was because he could not admit or allow anyone but him to have the last word.

You have been bested Zippy but your troll DNA refuses to admit it. Go away little troll, I hear some billy goats calling for you.

661.12.2009 08:04

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

/lulz

See what did I tell you. he could not help himself he answered back and proved who the troll was because he could not admit or allow anyone but him to have the last word.

You have been bested Zippy but your troll DNA refuses to admit it. Go away little troll, I hear some billy goats calling for you.

More like my troll blood can not ignore such inaccuracies no matter how small and petty. The inaccuracies being the half truths and vagaries of your search data, not so much me sucking and being bested, those by far are easy tasks anyone can accomplish even more so if...you know....are right to begin with and all.

671.12.2009 16:27
Daniel_1
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

/lulz

More like my troll blood can not ignore such inaccuracies no matter how small and petty. The inaccuracies being the half truths and vagaries of your search data, not so much me sucking and being bested, those by far are easy tasks anyone can accomplish even more so if...you know....are right to begin with and all.
See my statement above, with him admitting to being a troll, nuff said.

681.12.2009 16:31

Guys, as entertaining as this ping pong competition is, at least chop out the 673 quotes each time you moan at each other...

691.12.2009 16:47

Originally posted by creaky:
Guys, as entertaining as this ping pong competition is, at least chop out the 673 quotes each time you moan at each other...
Sorry sorry I keep thinking each post will be my last but damnit I think up something half witty to say ><

I am done wif playing troll in this thread...the other troll is not playing nicely :P

701.12.2009 17:21
Daniel_1
Inactive

Originally posted by creaky:
Sorry sorry I keep thinking each post will be my last but damnit I think up something half witty to say ><

I am done wif playing troll in this thread...the other troll is not playing nicely :P
Has admitted he is a troll more then once, again nuff said. Now we will see if he keeps his promise

711.12.2009 18:36

i thought i was playing nicely xD

721.12.2009 19:49

It not uuuu uuu a nice kind troll that like my anally worship the mods er.... ass of gods er ass gods er....righteous bastards! :P

Its the one who thinks he's right and can't take criticism that I am referring to, why if I was a bad troll I would be on him constantly pointing out his errors. But meh its fun to poke at him and see what he dose next still :X

731.12.2009 20:13
Daniel_1
Inactive

Quote:
It not uuuu uuu a nice kind troll that like my anally worship the mods er.... ass of gods er ass gods er....righteous bastards! :P

Its the one who thinks he's right and can't take criticism that I am referring to, why if I was a bad troll I would be on him constantly pointing out his errors. But meh its fun to poke at him and see what he dose next still :X
See, what did I tell you. Just like trolls they cannot help but reply and you know a troll is pissed when they keep pokin and attacking the person that proved them wrong.

And to prove it even more, watch as either one or both will respond to this thus proving my point

741.12.2009 20:16

Quote:
Quote:

See, what did I tell you. Just like trolls they cannot help but reply and you know a troll is pissed when they keep pokin and attacking the person that proved them wrong.

And to prove it even more, watch as either one or both will respond to this thus proving my point
A troll feeding trolls how amusing. ^^

751.12.2009 20:22
Daniel_1
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A troll feeding trolls how amusing. ^^
See, what did I tell you. Now you know exactly who the rolls are. They are the ones that constantly attack and must have the last word.
For the sake of your rep Zippy, do yourself a favor and stop replying; you are damaging yourself more with each post then anything I could ever dream up.

761.12.2009 20:28

Quote:
See, what did I tell you. Now you know exactly who the rolls are. They are the ones that constantly attack and must have the last word.
For the sake of your rep Zippy, do yourself a favor and stop replying; you are damaging yourself more with each post then anything I could ever dream up.
I dunno claiming victory over vague links,half truths and lies is something far worse than my pestering. You have yet to prove anything other than perhaps sharpening my dull wit duller via alil polite troll speak polite.

And since I am playing by the rules you seem to be using the more you post trying to use my own ineptness as a straw man distracting us from the reason we are dueling poo gas in the first place is quite amusing. you just keep begging for gentle correction and I am to kind and foolish to not let it go. ^^

771.12.2009 22:13
Daniel_1
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:
I dunno claiming victory over vague links,half truths and lies is something far worse than my pestering. You have yet to prove anything other than perhaps sharpening my dull wit duller via alil polite troll speak polite.

And since I am playing by the rules you seem to be using the more you post trying to use my own ineptness as a straw man distracting us from the reason we are dueling poo gas in the first place is quite amusing. you just keep begging for gentle correction and I am to kind and foolish to not let it go. ^^
See what did I tell you? They refuse to look at the links I sent and them try to claim that all of them are wrong or that they are "vague" they admit they are trolls and then accuse others of being same. They just cannot stand it that someone else knows more about a subject then they do and they will constantly keep responding because they cannot help themselves even though there is medication that would help them.

782.12.2009 00:36

You know, I do not know what is going on here, but I think this has gotten so far off the topic and has changed into a chat room. No one is right or wrong here. All it is menial poking at each other. Let's get some maturity here.

792.12.2009 01:09
Daniel_1
Inactive

You know, I do not know what is going on here, but I think this has gotten so far off the topic and has changed into a chat room. No one is right or wrong here. All it is menial poking at each other. Let's get some maturity here.
Thank you. enough evidence provided. case closed

803.12.2009 15:15

Quote:
Thank you. enough evidence provided. case closed

Rather quick to run from a losing argument since you tire of defending a position indefensible... *pokepokepokepokepokepoke*
:P

===================================

Anyway back to topic MS has gone bat sht crazy tho I realize they need a huge injection of cash every 3-5 years putting out sloppy OSs is just bad regardless of the reasons.

They should have a 10 year plan, make a OS release it polish it giving out most updates and all critical patches free, for SP releases make them once every 2 or 3 years and have it so you need them all to overhaul the OS into a new edition of it.

Prices would be 100 for OEMs, 200 for pro and 400 for ultimate, you can also rent the OS from MS at 2-5$ a month this will give you a 50% discount on the PS and allow you to buy it off in payments, if you are subscribed you get SP updates for free other wise they are 50$ a pop. With digital distro tech MS could revolutionize how people get updates and pay for the OS while providing *SHOCK* both service and a polished product!

813.12.2009 17:02
Daniel_1
Inactive

I would be very careful Zippy as the mods are watching and you continue to be so childish and snarky as well as troll like and you may just find that the mods have taken action to put a stop to it.

823.12.2009 17:08

I would be very careful Zippy as the mods are watching and you continue to be so childish and snarky as well as troll like and you may just find that the mods have taken action to put a stop to it.
Ture true ^^
I nominated this thread for a incoherence award too :P

But anyway no comments on what I think MS should do to become better, it is on topic after all?

833.12.2009 18:21
Daniel_1
Inactive

Quote:
Ture true ^^

But anyway no comments on what I think MS should do to become better, it is on topic after all?
Why should I. You are correct. But before you get too excited...even a stopped clock is correct twice a day

843.12.2009 18:26

Quote:
Quote:
Ture true ^^

Why should I. You are correct. But before you get too excited...even a stopped clock is correct twice a day
No no I understand and respect that(I iz a broken clock after all ^_~), I was just seeing if anything in my train of thought for MS could be improved or dismissed is all. ^^

856.12.2009 21:45
scum101
Inactive

gotta love it .. especially the xbox emulator shite posted by one of the trolls.

I remembering answering that uninformed waste of skin about the REAL FACTS concerning xbox emulators.. NOT emulators FOR the xbox where all their pointless 2 million links led.. but once a self opinionated uninformed waste of oxygen and sunlight always a self opinionated uninformed waste of oxygen and sunlight.. so says somebody with more experience and know how about that console than anybody you will find ANYWHERE!! I forgot more than most people will ever know about it.. because it's obsolete.. and nobody bothers writing code to emulate something which can be bought for peanuts and modded with a $0.50 memory card...

FYI retard.. YET AGAIN .. there were 2 xbox emulators written.. CXBX which was actually a tool to convert to and from .xbe executables.. ask my good friend caustik who wrote the bloody thing... and some junk thing that just about staggered to play turok and loaded the boot screen of halo before being abandoned by the devs as a complete waste of time There.. NO millions of links required.. FACT!!..

now as for the latest crap from M$ .. who gives a flying ****. more spyware.. more bloatware and yet more drm no doubt.. last thing they made worth a damn was publisher2 for win 3.1. If it was freeware NOBODY would use the crap.. end of story..

Now I will leave the trolls (and my friend zippy) to carry on with their work of art.. enough nested quotes looks fantastic.. carry on :)

867.12.2009 00:15
Daniel_1
Inactive

Originally posted by scum101:
gotta love it .. especially the xbox emulator shite posted by one of the trolls.

I remembering answering that uninformed waste of skin about the REAL FACTS concerning xbox emulators.. NOT emulators FOR the xbox where all their pointless 2 million links led.. but once a self opinionated uninformed waste of oxygen and sunlight always a self opinionated uninformed waste of oxygen and sunlight.. so says somebody with more experience and know how about that console than anybody you will find ANYWHERE!! I forgot more than most people will ever know about it.. because it's obsolete.. and nobody bothers writing code to emulate something which can be bought for peanuts and modded with a $0.50 memory card...

FYI retard.. YET AGAIN .. there were 2 xbox emulators written.. CXBX which was actually a tool to convert to and from .xbe executables.. ask my good friend caustik who wrote the bloody thing... and some junk thing that just about staggered to play turok and loaded the boot screen of halo before being abandoned by the devs as a complete waste of time There.. NO millions of links required.. FACT!!..

now as for the latest crap from M$ .. who gives a flying ****. more spyware.. more bloatware and yet more drm no doubt.. last thing they made worth a damn was publisher2 for win 3.1. If it was freeware NOBODY would use the crap.. end of story..

Now I will leave the trolls (and my friend zippy) to carry on with their work of art.. enough nested quotes looks fantastic.. carry on :)
Talking about yourself yet again are you? You know insulting yourself like that is a sure sign of mental instability

879.12.2009 22:30

i see a troll,guess who im thinking off

889.12.2009 22:48
Daniel_1
Inactive

Originally posted by John_Donn:
i see a troll,guess who im thinking off
You really should not talk that way while looking in the mirror.

899.12.2009 23:02
scum101
Inactive

hehehehe.. nice one Dan :)

FYI .. I'm not a troll.. I'm a s--t stirrer while I wait for this lovely bot made account fizzling out.. It don't have a working email.. should die in the next week or so.. until then I like to stir it up .. gotta love it XD

Winduhz.. I can't believe people still buy the crap and put up with the drm and spyware.. it only gets worse with every release.. why don't you check out what the FSF have to say about M$ before saying how ANYTHING they make is good for anything but deleting.

9010.12.2009 10:19
Daniel_1
Inactive

FYI .. I'm not a troll.. I'm a s--t stirrer while I wait for this lovely bot made account fizzling out.. It don't have a working email.. should die in the next week or so.. until then I like to stir it up .. gotta love it XD
I know, but you just gotta love these trolls that think they know everything. They are so easy to set off and by their own gigantic self deluded importance and ego, they are such huge targets that you just cannot miss. Sides I love taking them down a peg or two and introducing them to the real world, not just the one they think exists inside their "magic box"

9110.12.2009 13:01

I know, but you just gotta love these trolls that think they know everything. They are so easy to set off and by their own gigantic self deluded importance and ego, they are such huge targets that you just cannot miss. Sides I love taking them down a peg or two and introducing them to the real world, not just the one they think exists inside their "magic box"
I think I know everything!! well I only believe half of what I say...mmmmmm :P

9212.1.2010 08:17

i have heard alot about windows 8 being x128 when we still dont have a x128 CPU yet, will windows 8 x128 work on x64 PC's?

9312.1.2010 10:27
Daniel_1
Inactive

Yes, windows 8 should work quite nice on a 64 bit machine...but you wont see this till sometime in 2013 or early 2014. SO if you are looking to upgrade, might I suggest Win 7 64 bit? Has a whole bunch of new toys to play with and even has a series of "God Modes" so you can tweak anything and everything like

*A God Mode is a shortcut on your desktop to individual settings intended for developers as a shortcut to various internal settings. So instead of bring up the control panel each time you want to find something, you make this shortcut and click on one folder where you stor them and there it is. No more searching or waiting till the control panel pops up, just open a file and there are your shortcuts.*

You have to put a dot between name and string.
Just like that windows update.{36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}

Default Location - {00C6D95F-329C-409a-81D7-C46C66EA7F33}
Biometrics - {0142e4d0-fb7a-11dc-ba4a-000ffe7ab428}
Power Settings - {025A5937-A6BE-4686-A844-36FE4BEC8B6D}
Notification Area - {05d7b0f4-2121-4eff-bf6b-ed3f69b894d9}
Manage Credentials - {1206F5F1-0569-412C-8FEC-3204630DFB70}
Get New Programs - {15eae92e-f17a-4431-9f28-805e482dafd4}
Default Programs - {17cd9488-1228-4b2f-88ce-4298e93e0966}
NET Framework Assemblies - {1D2680C9-0E2A-469d-B787-065558BC7D43}
Wireless Networks - {1FA9085F-25A2-489B-85D4-86326EEDCD87}
Network Neighborhood - {208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}
My Computer - {20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
Printers - {2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}
RemoteApp and Desktop - {241D7C96-F8BF-4F85-B01F-E2B043341A4B}
Windows Firewall - {4026492F-2F69-46B8-B9BF-5654FC07E423}
Performance - {78F3955E-3B90-4184-BD14-5397C15F1EFC}
GodMode - {ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
action center.{BB64F8A7-BEE7-4E1A-AB8D-7D8273F7FDB6}
administrative tools.{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-OC5020524153}
autoplay.{9C60DE1E-E5FC-4of4-A487-460851A8D915}
backup and restore.{B98A2BEA-7D42-4558-8BD1-832F41BAC6FD}
bitlocker drive encryption.{D9EF8727-CAC2-4e60-809E-86F80A666C91}
color management.{B2C761C6-29BC-4f19-9251-E6195265BAF1}
credential manager.{1206F5F1-0569-412C-8FEC-3204630DFB70}
date and time.{E2E7934B-DCE5-43C4-9576-7FE4F75E7480}
default programs.{17cd9488-1228-4b2f-88ce-4298e93e0966}
desktop gadgets.{37efd44d-ef8d-41b1-940d-96973a50e9eo}
device manager.{74246bfc-4c96-11d0-9bef-0020afgb0b7a}
devices and printers.{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A}
display.{C555438B-3C23-4769-A71F-B6D3D9B6053A}
ease of access center.{D555645E-D4F8-4c29-A827-D93C859C4F2A}
folder options.{6DFD7C5C-2451-11d3-A299-00C04F8EF6AF}
fonts.{BD84B380-8CA2-1069-AB1D-08000948F534}
getting started. {CB1B7F8C-C50A-4176-B604-9E24DEE8D4D1}
homegroup. {67CA7650-96E6-4fDD-BB43-A8E774F73A57}
indexing options.{87D66A43-7B11-4A28-9811-C86EEE395ACF7}
internet options.{A3DD4F92-658A-410F-84FD-6FBBBEF2FFFE}
keyboard .{725BE8F7-668E-4C7B-8F90-46BDB0936430}
Control Panel Item Canonical name GUID
Action Center Microsoft.ActionCenter (Windows 7 and later only) {BB64F8A7-BEE7-4E1A-AB8D-7D8273F7FDB6}
Administrative Tools Microsoft.AdministrativeTools {D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}
AutoPlay Microsoft.AutoPlay {9C60DE1E-E5FC-40f4-A487-460851A8D915}
Backup and Restore Microsoft.BackupAndRestore (Windows 7 and later only) {B98A2BEA-7D42-4558-8BD1-832F41BAC6FD}
Biometric Devices Microsoft.BiometricDevices (Windows 7 and later only) {0142e4d0-fb7a-11dc-ba4a-000ffe7ab428}
BitLocker Drive Encryption Microsoft.BitLockerDriveEncryption {D9EF8727-CAC2-4e60-809E-86F80A666C91}
Color Management Microsoft.ColorManagement {B2C761C6-29BC-4f19-9251-E6195265BAF1}
Credential Manager Microsoft.CredentialManager (Windows 7 and later only) {1206F5F1-0569-412C-8FEC-3204630DFB70}
Date and Time Microsoft.DateAndTime {E2E7934B-DCE5-43C4-9576-7FE4F75E7480}
Default Location Microsoft.DefaultLocation (Windows 7 and later only) {00C6D95F-329C-409a-81D7-C46C66EA7F33}
Default Programs Microsoft.DefaultPrograms {17cd9488-1228-4b2f-88ce-4298e93e0966}
Desktop Gadgets Microsoft.DesktopGadgets (Windows 7 and later only) {37efd44d-ef8d-41b1-940d-96973a50e9e0}
Device Manager Microsoft.DeviceManager {74246bfc-4c96-11d0-abef-0020af6b0b7a}
Devices and Printers Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters (Windows 7 and later only) {A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A}
Display Microsoft.Display (Windows 7 and later only) {C555438B-3C23-4769-A71F-B6D3D9B6053A}
Ease of Access Center Microsoft.EaseOfAccessCenter {D555645E-D4F8-4c29-A827-D93C859C4F2A}
Folder Options Microsoft.FolderOptions {6DFD7C5C-2451-11d3-A299-00C04F8EF6AF}
Fonts Microsoft.Fonts {93412589-74D4-4E4E-AD0E-E0CB621440FD}
Game Controllers Microsoft.GameControllers {259EF4B1-E6C9-4176-B574-481532C9BCE8}
Get Programs Microsoft.GetPrograms {15eae92e-f17a-4431-9f28-805e482dafd4}
Getting Started Microsoft.GettingStarted (Windows 7 and later only) {CB1B7F8C-C50A-4176-B604-9E24DEE8D4D1}
HomeGroup Microsoft.HomeGroup (Windows 7 and later only) {67CA7650-96E6-4FDD-BB43-A8E774F73A57}
Indexing Options Microsoft.IndexingOptions {87D66A43-7B11-4A28-9811-C86EE395ACF7}
Infrared Microsoft.Infrared (Windows 7 and later only) {A0275511-0E86-4ECA-97C2-ECD8F1221D08}
Internet Options Microsoft.InternetOptions {A3DD4F92-658A-410F-84FD-6FBBBEF2FFFE}
iSCSI Initiator Microsoft.iSCSIInitiator {A304259D-52B8-4526-8B1A-A1D6CECC8243}
Keyboard Microsoft.Keyboard {725BE8F7-668E-4C7B-8F90-46BDB0936430}
Location and Other Sensors Microsoft.LocationAndOtherSensors (Windows 7 and later only) {E9950154-C418-419e-A90A-20C5287AE24B}
Mouse Microsoft.Mouse {6C8EEC18-8D75-41B2-A177-8831D59D2D50}
Network and Sharing Center Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter {8E908FC9-BECC-40f6-915B-F4CA0E70D03D}
Notification Area Icons Microsoft.NotificationAreaIcons (Windows 7 and later only) {05d7b0f4-2121-4eff-bf6b-ed3f69b894d9}
Offline Files Microsoft.OfflineFiles {D24F75AA-4F2B-4D07-A3C4-469B3D9030C4}
Parental Controls Microsoft.ParentalControls {96AE8D84-A250-4520-95A5-A47A7E3C548B}
Pen and Touch Microsoft.PenAndTouch (Windows 7 and later only) {F82DF8F7-8B9F-442E-A48C-818EA735FF9B}
People Near Me Microsoft.PeopleNearMe {5224F545-A443-4859-BA23-7B5A95BDC8EF}
Performance Information and Tools Microsoft.PerformanceInformationAndTools {78F3955E-3B90-4184-BD14-5397C15F1EFC}
Personalization Microsoft.Personalization {ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921}
Phone and Modem Microsoft.PhoneAndModem (Windows 7 and later only) {40419485-C444-4567-851A-2DD7BFA1684D}
Power Options Microsoft.PowerOptions {025A5937-A6BE-4686-A844-36FE4BEC8B6D}
Programs and Features Microsoft.ProgramsAndFeatures {7b81be6a-ce2b-4676-a29e-eb907a5126c5}
Recovery Microsoft.Recovery (Windows 7 and later only) {9FE63AFD-59CF-4419-9775-ABCC3849F861}
Region and Language Microsoft.RegionAndLanguage (Windows 7 and later only) {62D8ED13-C9D0-4CE8-A914-47DD628FB1B0}
RemoteApp and Desktop Connections Microsoft.RemoteAppAndDesktopConnections (Windows 7 and later only) {241D7C96-F8BF-4F85-B01F-E2B043341A4B}
Scanners and Cameras Microsoft.ScannersAndCameras {00f2886f-cd64-4fc9-8ec5-30ef6cdbe8c3}
Sound Microsoft.Sound (Windows 7 and later only) {F2DDFC82-8F12-4CDD-B7DC-D4FE1425AA4D}
Speech Recognition Microsoft.SpeechRecognition (Windows 7 and later only) {58E3C745-D971-4081-9034-86E34B30836A}
Sync Center Microsoft.SyncCenter {9C73F5E5-7AE7-4E32-A8E8-8D23B85255BF}
System Microsoft.System {BB06C0E4-D293-4f75-8A90-CB05B6477EEE}
Tablet PC Settings Microsoft.TabletPCSettings {80F3F1D5-FECA-45F3-BC32-752C152E456E}
Taskbar and Start Menu Microsoft.TaskbarAndStartMenu {0DF44EAA-FF21-4412-828E-260A8728E7F1}
Text to Speech Microsoft.TextToSpeech {D17D1D6D-CC3F-4815-8FE3-607E7D5D10B3}
Troubleshooting Microsoft.Troubleshooting (Windows 7 and later only) {C58C4893-3BE0-4B45-ABB5-A63E4B8C8651}
User Accounts Microsoft.UserAccounts {60632754-c523-4b62-b45c-4172da012619}
Windows Anytime Upgrade Microsoft.WindowsAnytimeUpgrade {BE122A0E-4503-11DA-8BDE-F66BAD1E3F3A}
Windows CardSpace Microsoft.CardSpace {78CB147A-98EA-4AA6-B0DF-C8681F69341C}
Windows Defender Microsoft.WindowsDefender {D8559EB9-20C0-410E-BEDA-7ED416AECC2A}
Windows Firewall Microsoft.WindowsFirewall {4026492F-2F69-46B8-B9BF-5654FC07E423}
Windows Mobility Center Microsoft.MobilityCenter {5ea4f148-308c-46d7-98a9-49041b1dd468}
Windows SideShow Microsoft.WindowsSideShow {E95A4861-D57A-4be1-AD0F-35267E261739}
Windows Update Microsoft.WindowsUpdate {36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}
location and other sensors.{E9950154-C418-419e-A90A-20C5287AE24B]
mobility center.{5ea4f148-308c-46d7-98a9-49041b1dd468}
mouse.{6C8EEC18-8D75-41B2-A177-8831D59D2D50}
network and sharing center.{8E908FC9-BECC-40f6-915B-F4CAOE70D03D}
notification area icons.{05d7b0f4-2121-4eff-bf6b-ed3f69b894d9}
parental controls.{96AE8D84-A250-4520-95A5-A46A7E3C548B}
performance information and tools.{78F3955E-3B90-4184-BD14-5397C15F1EFC}
personalization.{ED834ED6-485A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921}
phone and modem.{40419485-C444-4567-851A-2DD7BFA1684D}
power options.{025A5937-A6BE-4686-A844-36FE4BEC8B6D}\DefaulIcon
programs and features.{7b81be6a-ce2b-4676-a29e-eb907a5126c5}
recovery.{9FE63AFD-59CF-4419-9775-ABCC3849F861}
recycle bin.{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
region and language.{62D8ED13-C9D0-4CE8-A914-47DD628FB1B0}
remoteapp and desktop connections.{241D7C96-F8BF-4F85-B01F-E2B043341A4B}
sound.{F2DDFC82-8F12-4CDD-B7DC-D4FE1425AA4D]
speech recognition.{58E3C745-D971-4081-9034-86E34B30836A}
sync center.{9C73F5E5-7AE7-4E32-A8E8-8D23B85255BF}
system.{BB06C0E4-D293-4f75-8A90-CB05B6A77EEE}
taskbar and start menu.{0DF44EAA-FF21-4412-828E-260A8728E7F1}
troubleshooting.{C58C4893-3BE0-4B45-ABB5-A63E4B8C8651}
user accounts.{60632754-c523-4b62-b45c-4172da012619}
windows cardspace.{78CB147A-98EA-4AA6-B0DF-C8681F69341C}
windows defender.{D8559EB9-20C0-410E-BEDA-7ED416AECC2A}
windows firewall.{4026492F-2F69-46B8-B9BF-5654FC07E423}
windows update.{36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive