AfterDawn Forums

Issue after using Aone PLUS DOUBLE LAYER White Inkjet Printable.

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

I recently purchased Aone PLUS DOUBLE LAYER DVD+R White Inkjet Printable discs.

Now it may just be a coincidence but just after using these I noticed my lite-on burner starting to make a strange sound after booting up my computer and or when inserting a disc into it.

My question is could it be that these discs have caused this issue to my writer? which is an ATAPI iHAP122 W

And should I go back to using non printable type discs?

In other words can using white inkjet printable DVD-R on a non printable DVD- writer cause issues with the writer?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 29 Jan 2013 @ 16:07
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
It could be a coincidence although it sounds more like your lite-on burner is starting to go bad.If it is making noises when booting even without inserting a disc it sounds like it's going bad to me.Just curious as to how old your DVD writer is?

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
Originally posted by JST1946:
It could be a coincidence although it sounds more like your lite-on burner is starting to go bad.If it is making noises when booting even without inserting a disc it sounds like it's going bad to me.Just curious as to how old your DVD writer is?
The old writers manufactured date was September 2010, so I purchased it a couple of months after this, so I would say I had it just over 2 years.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.