1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a bad cd problem....

Discussion in 'Audio' started by benbernie, Oct 24, 2012.

1. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi
    I have this cd i just made with old music on it..When i tried to play it on my cd player it wont play.I
    want to see if i can copy to another cd or another brand cd but the cd wont let me copy it.What can i do?Is there something i can do?Thanks

BenBernie

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Was the CD finalized after you put it on the CD? Did you convert it to a wave file first so the CD player would recognize it.Will the CD play on your computer? Have you checked that there is actually any files on the CD that you just made?

3. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

hi
    it was a wave file then an mp3 file..i made this cd from records..i was able to save one tune but the software wasnt advancing so i stop it..it wont play in my computer or in my new cd player,,IS there
    anything else i can do?

BenBernie

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

What program were you using to make the CD and copying it to the blank CD?If it was already a wave file why would you convert it to an MP3? I use Spin it again from Acoustica for making my CD's. I think they have a free 30 day trial on their software.I have been using their programs for about 15 years now.

http://www.acoustica.com/spinitagain/

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i use cdburnerxp it was recommended to me by several members of afterdawn a couple of years ago.works fine for audio cds.

6. benbernie

benbernie Regular member

i use cdburnerxp as a back up burner..dont use windata cds..there seem to alot of them that are bad..
    avoid them if you can..

benbernie