1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3tag does not see non-ID3 tags. What other program can I use?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Sixxer, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Sixxer

Sixxer Guest

These mp3s are not as "clean" as I thought they were. The ID3 tags are clean, but when opened with programs like dBpowerAmp turns out that the mp3s have a bunch of non-ID3 tags. Ape Tags I think.

I need a program that can be used to batch remove them.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Try this...

MP3-Library

I bet your files are corrupt, that free utility may do the trick. Read the top sticky in this forum it has some handy audio quality utilities

3. Mez

Mez Active member

Did you try the utility? Did it do the trick? If not, did you fix the problem? If so let us know.

You can't have APE tags in an mp3. I am just as sure they are not ID2 tags.

There two different major versions of ID3 tags. I doubt most editors can use the older version. They really don't know what to make of the older version. ID2 and ID3 1.x are very similar in nature, the fields and lengths are standard. ID3 declares the fields info first so the editor knows what to do. Modern editors access the field def first if it isn't there the editor does not know what to do. The editors figure the file is corrupt. This utility will allow you to cut and paste the old version into the new version. ID2 tags are EXTREMELY rare. They were a 'flash in the pan' ID3 came out only a year after, back when mp3s were not used 1996 for ID2 1997 for ID3. ID3 1.x are fairly rare as well but I have seen them. I don't recall ever seeing a ID2.

I highly suggest anyone reading this down load and check the utility out. It was a paid for utility. The maker stopped supporting it long, long ago. I do not know how long this utility will stay at this location but it has been there for a few years.