1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I go with Sennheiser 595 headphones for music/movies?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Matt1039, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Matt1039

Matt1039 Member

I want a good pair of headphones. I have the Sennheiser 110 wireless, and they are really nice (for wireless), but they still have static and whatnot. I need a wired pair that will blow my mind, be comfortable, and relatively inexpensive (under $400).

Does anybody have experience with the Sennheiser 595's? What about their other models? If I go any higher, you basically need an amp to drive them and things start getting more difficult for "regular" use such as an ipod. If the cans cannot be driven by a regular portable device then it's no good. I'm not planning on using it for portability but I don't want to invest in an amp or worry about where I connect it. I listen to rock mostly, but want versatility for music and everything else you might do on a pc.

I see the 595's on amazon for $180. The reviews make it sound awesome, but I wanted to see what my fellow afterdawners had to say about it :)

2. Mez

Mez Active member

If you can stand in the ear buds that is the way to go. They offer far more fidelity than out of the ear for way cheaper. They deliver sub-sonic sensations not through air but to the ear through solids. They use ultra expensive hi-tech magnets but because they are so tiny they still can be sold for next to nothing.

Sound moving through solids requires orders of magnitude less power than through air for really low sub-sonics. Portibles output power in the miliwatt range. A typical in the ear has a 6-22,000 Hz range or wider. Once you go out side the year you need huge amounts of power for the low notes. In the earphones for noisy work I have a link for 16 USD in the ear earbuds. It you want fidelity that is the only way to go. You will be thunder-struck the first time you use them. You will be amazed how much fidelity ipods actually have. They come with 40-18,000 ear buds. That is low fidelity.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

I looked up the Sennheiser 595s. They had a range 18-18000 Hz. That does make them HiFi but the 6-23,000 good in the ear bud blows them away.