1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning To Mupltiple Drives at once

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by lrdnibbla, Jan 22, 2011.

1. lrdnibbla

lrdnibbla Member

Hi, I have been using Alcohol 120% for a while now to burn several copies of audio cd's. I use two cd drives hooked up externally to my laptop with a sata to usb converter, using alcohol to burn an image file. This works fine for what I need to do at the moment, but I've been needing to burn more at once lately. So, Ive moved the operation into a desktop computer, and bought a case that supports up to 9 5.25 bays. I also bought a pci sata controller to accomidate the extra sata ports.

As I wait for my drives to come in the mail, I guess my question is:
    what if any problems stand in my way of this working?

The devices I'm using are as follows:
    (6) Lite-On IHAS424-98 B
    (1) Syba SD-SATA-4P Serial ATA150 4x Ports RAID Controller Card with SIL3114 Chipset
    (1) A8M2N-LA (Naos)motherboard

I'm running Alcohol to burn the image file off a ide drive as to not interfere with the sata connection and leave more room for expansion in the future.

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I know Nero has always had the ability to burn to multiple drives at the same time.'You may want to look into that.

3. lrdnibbla

lrdnibbla Member

thanks for your reply, but nero limits the number of drives you can burn to with different tiers of their software as where alcohol does not.

I am happily burning to 6 drives at once with alcohol :)
    No hitches whatsoever.
    I can even burn 6 lightscribe labels at once with surething 5 ;)

so if anyone is looking gto save on cd/dvd duplication (towers cost upwards of $1000)
    this is the way to go.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011