1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

experience with copy protection system for software

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mrthappy, Jan 21, 2012.

1. mrthappy

mrthappy Member

Hello people,

I have created a game for windows7 platform and want to put it on the internet and on cd for a small fee. I was wondering if anyone knows a good copy protection mechanism which i can use.
    I already find a few anti copy protection mechanisms, does anyone know these systems, or maybe do you know a better system instead?
    - lockPE doesnt seem to work for me because it causes errors when I try the program
    - the tool from logicprotect.com is way too expensive, i need something familair, but cheaper.
    - exesecure.com offers an exesecure tool which seems to fit my needs but i cannot find anything about it on the web, has anyone used exesecure ?

Please let me know which mechanism you use if you ever did, I would like to have some tips.

2. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

How about not using copy protection? Distribute it on the net for a reasonable price.
    It really doesn't matter what type of copy protection you use. They all can be circumvented.

Louis CK made a substantial amount of money not using DRM on his concert MP4 video. I purchased it even though I'm not the biggest Louis CK fan in the world. Of course I purchase all my A/V stuff. Some of us do and some do not.

Jeff

3. mrthappy

mrthappy Member

I respect your way of thinking, but this was not really the answer I was hoping for.
    I really believe I have a good product and I need something. It does not has to be bullet proof, but at least some kind of protection would be nice. I'm now checking out exesecure.com it looks pretty oke, but I don't know if it is reliable. Again, anyone experience with a good system?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012