AfterDawn Forums

experience with copy protection system for software

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

Hello people,

I have created a game for windows7 platform and want to put it on the internet and on cd for a small fee. I was wondering if anyone knows a good copy protection mechanism which i can use.
I already find a few anti copy protection mechanisms, does anyone know these systems, or maybe do you know a better system instead?
- lockPE doesnt seem to work for me because it causes errors when I try the program
- the tool from logicprotect.com is way too expensive, i need something familair, but cheaper.
- exesecure.com offers an exesecure tool which seems to fit my needs but i cannot find anything about it on the web, has anyone used exesecure ?

Please let me know which mechanism you use if you ever did, I would like to have some tips.
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
How about not using copy protection? Distribute it on the net for a reasonable price.
It really doesn't matter what type of copy protection you use. They all can be circumvented.

Louis CK made a substantial amount of money not using DRM on his concert MP4 video. I purchased it even though I'm not the biggest Louis CK fan in the world. Of course I purchase all my A/V stuff. Some of us do and some do not.

Jeff
Originally posted by Jeffrey_P:
How about not using copy protection? Distribute it on the net for a reasonable price.
It really doesn't matter what type of copy protection you use. They all can be circumvented.

Louis CK made a substantial amount of money not using DRM on his concert MP4 video. I purchased it even though I'm not the biggest Louis CK fan in the world. Of course I purchase all my A/V stuff. Some of us do and some do not.

Jeff
I respect your way of thinking, but this was not really the answer I was hoping for.
I really believe I have a good product and I need something. It does not has to be bullet proof, but at least some kind of protection would be nice. I'm now checking out exesecure.com it looks pretty oke, but I don't know if it is reliable. Again, anyone experience with a good system?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Jan 2012 @ 14:35

its done
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.