1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX/PS1 burning issues

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by HienFan, Mar 10, 2011.

1. HienFan

HienFan Member

Alright I just came here today after one of the user in Bomberman Board suggested me to go post my burning problems here. I tried all the tactics from various sites on how to burn (Max Speed/slowest speed/almost every other speed), imageBurn, Nero and Alcohol 120% but none of them works. I'm suspecting it's because of the burner itself since I have a different burner back that could burn games then before it broke down and was unable to buy it anymore so I have to get a new one. It could burn all the PS2 and Wii games. But PS1 on the other hand... It never does (And I tried burning the games I sucessfully burn with burner 1 as well)

PS I remember one site that says Hitachi but it's nonexistent in Malaysia so do not suggest it to me

PSS Yes my PS1 is modded

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

try a cheapass cd burner.. not a dvd burner.. ps1 games were burned at 4x tops..

3. HienFan

HienFan Member

I'm not so sure about this... Cheap burners tends to spoil faster (the first one didn't even last for six months) and they are hard to find

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

im thinking little dodgey computer stores might have a few cd burners lying in a box out the back brand new.big businesses would of cleared out there cd burners years ago.some old pcs would have a cd burner.infact my mums old computer has a cd burner.

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

yup.. thats the way .. my antique matsushita cd burner (4x tops.. hp branded) does a beaut ps1 burn .. on gigatain brand cd's .. only brand/burner combo I found to be 100% reliable.. my modern dvd burners just won't make a playable disk no matter what I try.. cd burner bought new in 2003 also works a treat.. but is also touchy about disks.. if the ps1 laser isn't 100% you are going to run into problems anyway.. if it's struggling on original disks already you may as well give up and find a good emulator and work out how to make working .img files.

6. HienFan

HienFan Member

All the games I bought are still able to be played. It's just that I cannot buy anymore games so my only tactic left is to burn it case some of my favourite games break

7. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

they won't "break" unless you are careless with them... you can't wear out an optical disk by playing it

8. HienFan

HienFan Member

I did have one game that was half broken and broke in a short while last year though and I wasn't treating it badly either

9. HienFan

HienFan Member

Also know any names of these old CD burners?

10. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

might be cheaper to pick up a secondhand pentium 2 or 3 with a cd burner already in it and take it out.

11. HienFan

HienFan Member

Is that it?

12. HienFan

HienFan Member

Alright I got a new burner it managed to work once on my actual PS1 but after that it fails and yet when I got the disc on the emulator it works and also my actual PS1 still runs all my other games just fine. What happened?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  13. HienFan

HienFan Member

Hello I need help here.