AfterDawn Forums

120HZ TV = dropped frames?

So I currently have my PC hooked up to a TV with a 120HZ smoothing feature. Overall the picture looks great, and it runs most sources smoothly (X360, cable tv, etc.). But whenever I play a video on my PC, there tends to be frames dropped. It does seem to vary depending on the video, but in all cases it seems pretty consistent (usually between 8-10 seconds apart). I did a but of research, and I'm not really sure what all the tech-talk explanations mean, but a lot of people recommend to change the refresh rate on the PC to a lower setting. Some people recommend 24HZ, but that destroys my framerate. I had better luck with some settings, but when it's not on max settings, I definitely lose a lot of the smoothness I get from the 120HZ on the TV, which is a shame. A lot of people also recommend taking the TV on off 'cinema mode', which helped a lot, but didn't completely fix the issue.
Is there a way to fix this without losing the fluidity I get from the 120HZ smoothing feature? Could the quality of the video rip play a factor? As I said, it seems worse in some videos than others.
▼▼ This topic has 0 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.