1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR problem (Question about cci flag)

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dallan953, Jun 19, 2013.

1. dallan953

dallan953 Member

Hi All,

Not sure where to post this. Maybe afterdawn doesn't deal with DVRs?

Anyway, I have been using a Magnavox DVR with Comcast basic cable for many years. It's a Magnavox MDR535H/F7 HDD/DVD Recorder. About 2 weeks ago it started freezing for a few seconds and then quit recording. However, my TV would still work fine. Please keep in mind I am using Clear QAM channels without a cable box.

My first thought was the tuner in my DVR went belly-up. I bought a new DVR which is almost the same except it has a 1 terabyte hard drive instead of a 500 mb hard drive. The new one is a Magnavox MDR537H/F7 HDD/DVD Recorder.

After replacing my DVR, I still have the same problem. TV tuner works fine but DVR quits. I've checked everything I can think of and even replaced two spitters which shouldn't make any difference since the TV and DVR use the same cable feed.

So now I'm starting to think maybe Comcast is changing the cci flag while broadcasting over the air Clear QAM channels. Is this possible? Is there any way I can check the cci flag?

cci flag: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_Control_Information

Thanks for any help.

dallen

2. attar

attar Senior member

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013