1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I adjust the frame rate of an MKV without losing too much quality?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by soccerDL, Sep 19, 2010.

1. soccerDL

soccerDL Member

Recently, I downloaded a HD mkv (that is quite large). When it plays, the audio is in normal time but the video is all in slow motion. It's not my computer or codecs, because I burn the videos to DVD and watch them on my TV, and that's always fixed my problems. (It's in slow mo on Windows Media Player and when burned to a DVD). Meteorite also crashes every time I try to use it with this video. Is there any way to fix it and keep the HD sound and video? If not, is there any way to fix it at all?

P.S - As you can probably tell, I've only been working with videos for like two months(noob), so have patience with me an my slow replies please. :) Thanks so much!

2. soccerDL

soccerDL Member

After some research, it looks like I need to change the file to an AVI, which I can then fix. What is the best way to do this? Is there a method you can use for mkv files?

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

4. soccerDL

soccerDL Member

Sorry for the slow reply. My mkv to avi converter was awful, thank you so much for this one! :)

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Glad it worked for you, quite impressed with this program and would be if it wasn't free.

6. soccerDL

soccerDL Member

Hello again:
    The Any DVD Converter worked perfectly, thank you! However, now it will only convert about 20 minutes of my file. (They're each about 45minutes long) and then it stops, regardless of how long I've put the 'end time' at. Have you ever experienced this?

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

No I haven't, another you can look at is Alltoavi, excellent quality the few times I used it (they say 97 %) and free too: http://alltoavi.sourceforge.net/

8. soccerDL

soccerDL Member

Alltoavi was very good, thanks!