1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seamlessly Join Two VIDEO_TS Files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by gassitto, Aug 18, 2013.

1. gassitto

gassitto Member

Hi,

I have a Panasonic PVR on which I've recorded a fairly long movie from a TV channel.

The only way I can get the movie off the Panny is to transfer one half of the movie to a dvd-rw and the other half to another dvd-rw.

Once I've done this, I'll transfer the the dvds to my computer hard drive as VIDEO_TS files.

Is there any free program that will let me combine the two files so that I can play back the movie (via a hard drive connected to a TV) without any apparent visible join?

I have VLC, DVD Shrink and DVDFlick already on my computer.

Thank you.

2. attar

attar Senior member

If your talking two separate movie titles, then opting for 'Re-author' in DVD Shrink is the simplest.
    Open the first movie folder and drag Title 1 from the right to left pane then repeat for the second and Backup.
    There's a slight pause during playback on a standalone as the head moves to the second Title.
    The alternative is using VobMerge to join all the vob files then opening that file in DVD Flick or AvsToDVD to author a new movie.
    They should both do it without re-encoding (if the correct options are set).

3. gassitto

gassitto Member

Thank you attar. I'll try your suggestions.