1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI2DVD stalls

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Luinta, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Luinta

Luinta Member

This was my first time converting MKV to DVD, and I followed all the steps in the guides here up to actually hitting the GO button on Avi2DVD. IT starts up, and runs for a random ammount of time before stalling. The Task Manager still lists the program as "running", but there is no further progress gained.

I'll be as specific as I can. I have set to Run As Administrator, and I go through hte step tabs in Avi2DVD. I hit go. It loads up a command window adn runs through what I suspect was audio. ok, good. It loads up HCenc window with the frames and time remaining nad a preview if I want one. ok... After a random ammount of time, it stops... it's not a real freeze, but a stall. The little progress bar is still glowing, but hte tine remaining has halted. Task Manager says it's still running, btu once it stalls, my System Idle Process kicks in as if I'm not running ANYTHING >.< Grrrrr The first time this happened at 62% complete, and second time it happened at 84% with only 16 mins left! I'm getting absolutely frustrated, and I can't figure out what to do. I tried looking at hte process priority, but it's set to Low and won't let my change it...

2. attar

attar Senior member

Does it give the option of using the Quenc encoder - if so, try it.

3. Luinta

Luinta Member

That one gets me even less of a process.

I tried again with the HCenc and it got all the way through both passes this time and all the way to the end but then an error message popped up after everything was done... I can't recall what it was cus I was too upset at havign spent over 5hours on that run >.<

I'm starting to wonder if I'm jsut doing something wrong. I followed the guides though...

4. attar

attar Senior member

Just as a check - there's no possibility that the temporary files that are created during the process are being stored on an external HDD that is formatted as Fat32 (a fat32 drive only accepts any single file that's less than 4GB).

That aside, try either FAVC or DVD Flick.
    FAVC uses the same encoders as AVI2DVD;DVD Flick uses a different encoder.

5. Luinta

Luinta Member

Nope. I'm lettign it use the default temp folder it makes in my Video folder, which has more than 150GB remaining on my hard drive.

6. Luinta

Luinta Member

Thank you all for the assistance, btu I eventually found other freeware programs like Format Factory and DVD Styler, that were able to do what I needed.

7. optiplex1

optiplex1 Member

it's best informations.

8. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

dvd styler .. classic dvd creation program.. last I heard it was freeware.. is it still? ..