1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning bin to DVD to play on house dvd player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by glrider, Aug 8, 2010.

1. glrider

glrider Member

Hi,

First time I have used this forum as I am trying to do something for the first time. I have 4 or 5 movies that a friend gave me that are in different formats (ie bin, avi, rmvb). Because of the format I am unable to play them on my house DVD player and have to use my computer instead.

Is there free software (and I mean free) where I can convert these files to DVD format to be able to play on my DVD player. I am following a thread by hursty which was looking pretty good ( http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/207083) but even one of the pieces of software he lists to use has a watermark unless you buy the software. I know companies have to make money nad I have no problem with that (I am in business as well). I just wanto know if there is amything that is truely free. If there isn't I will just continue to use my computer until the movies come on the movie channel on TV at sometime. Thanks for any ideas.

2. attar

attar Senior member