AfterDawn Forums

Converting wtv files

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

I'm not sure if I'm in the right section but what I'm looking to do is convert live tv from windows media player with the file extension wtv to and avi or mpeg so I can then edit the file and create a blu ray copy. The problem I'm having right now is converting the wtv file into anything I can edit. I'm running and asus mother board using video converter from the AMD catalyst which converters the wtv file to and avi but without ant sound.

Any help would be greatily appraciated.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Feb 2011 @ 23:10

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard, AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor, G.SKILL Ares Series 32GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory, ASUS Black 12X Blu-ray Burner.
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I don't use this particular program - I found it didn't suit my needs, but it has been updated since I used it.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MC-TVConverter
i know a step by step guide on how to convert wtv to various video formats like avi, mp4, mov, wmv, mkv, mpg, 3gp and more
at just google search Easy Method to Convert HD WTV to Other Video Formats and Compress WTV to Smaller File Size

you will find the detailed guide
is there some wtv player?
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.