1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EASIEST way to convert multiple DVD files to AVI?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by pcq, Mar 5, 2011.

1. pcq

pcq Member

I've tried using autoGK, and it's ok if you only have one or two .ifo files on the disc, but I have some DVD's that have over 50 .ifo files, and having to add each individual file to the list and then configure each, is simply not efficient. Does anyone know of a simpler, more efficient way of converting a DVD's files into .AVI format?

Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

If each title has a single vob associated with it:
    VTS_01_1
    VTS_02_1
    ETC
    Then you can use the batch mode in StaxRip.
    Each VOB will be converted to a separate XviD file (depending on the chosen settings).

3. pcq

pcq Member

Hi,

I like being able to just convert the .ifo files instead of the .vob files, since there's usually many less .ifo's than there are .vob's. It's easier, when wanting to view a file, to just open one converted .ifo file, than it is 10 converted .vob files. I already have a program that can open and convert .vob files, but I'd really like to stay away from that method, unless the program afterward combined them all into one or two files. So, is there any program that enables one to batch convert .ifo files?

thanks

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011