AfterDawn Forums

MPEG-4 video : "Codec not supported" in DVD Player.

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

I always use Imgburn to Build my AVI and then burn the img. file to disc. My DVD Player always supports this simple 10 minute method.

However when my file is an MPEG-4 there's a problem. I build it with imgburn, and burn it but the dvd player says "video codec not supported."

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance guys!

Eddie Dennison
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Quote:
"video codec not supported."

That's all that is, the player only supports Divx/xvid, and you're trying to play something some other codec.

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!
Originally posted by cyprusrom:
Quote:

That's all that is, the player only supports Divx/xvid, and you're trying to play something some other codec.
Is there nothing that can be done to make the MPEG-4 into AVI format,thus making my DVD player support it?

Eddie Dennison
Yes, you can convert it to AVI. However, that requires re-encoding, and some quality loss might result.

Use MediaInfo and post the information about your file.
Originally posted by cyprusrom:
Quote:

I actually figured it out. I used Pazera Free MP4 to AVI Converter and it worked perfect!

Eddie Dennison
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.